More info on the sample set

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Greg Johnson
    Participant

Why don’t you download the demo and check it out first hand?

I’m going to do just that tonight when I get home.

Honestly, I’m pretty excited to check it out……

GregJ

GregJ

Mattias
    Forum Crew

We use TPC compression on all our products. (Toontrack Percussive Compression). Loss-less means that the files are smaller without changing any information, compare with compressing a text document. It is smaller on disc, but when you read it, you can still see all the words.
    The Piano has been sampled with up to 9 velocity layers per note and state (both pedal down & pedal up).
    It is 44.1Khz 16Bit (same as EZdrummer), it was recorded in 96Khz/24Bit and kept that way all the way to the final master.
    It has the detail that you would expect from a high end piano and can be used in any production without the need to replace the piano sounds with anything else.
    Our goal with everything we do is to achieve the highest possible soundquality.
    It has already been recorded to cut through the mix, and so, you wont need to EQ it to make it cut through.
    It has been recorded with multiple mics, which are mixed down to the stereo output that you have in EZKeys.

Recorded through a DAD audio interface with its digital mic pre’s with these mics at Stockholm Radio:
    Close : Telefunken M270 X/Y stereo
    Mid : Neuman M50 AB stereo
    Mid2 : Coles 4038 AB stereo
    Amb : Neumann M269 AB stereo

Finally, download the demo if you are unsure and hear it for yourself.
    The demo has the full library, and so you can really listen to the full quality of the samples.

Mattias Eklund - Toontrack
    Head Of Sound Design

blaze
    Participant

Thank You Mattias.

You could add these details to the product page…

I’ll try it… I’m used to sampled instruments being too large to download as demo. I just assumed I wouldn’t get the whole thing. But if the demo is the whole instrument, I’ll take a listen.

Thanks again.

Mattias
    Forum Crew

Yeah, since we use TPC, the footprint is kept to a minimum, only around 500MB on disc for the full library!

Mattias Eklund - Toontrack
    Head Of Sound Design

Juicy
    Participant

Excellent Mattias.

notstewart
    Participant

The software looks pretty cool, it’s got my interest!

@Mattias
    You stated that they are 44.1/16 bit after final master.
    SD is 24 bit (or 16). When mixing down a project with all tracks at 24 bit except EZkeys, will it affect the piano sound much?
    Also, are there plans to have further session similar to Superior/EZ Drummer?

thanks, and congratulations on the new product!!

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

John

notstewart,

working in a higher bit depth than 16 will/can not affect the sound negatively, since you are not reducing the dynamic space but the other way around.
    WYHIWYG

Best Regards,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

notstewart
    Participant

Thanks for the reply John!
    I don’t think I explained that very well. What I was refering to was going through another dithering process when all the tracks are mixed down to a 44.1/16 bit stereo file (piano’s second mixdown).

thanks again,

Paul

Samplitude Pro X3 Suite, SD 3, Tascam UH7000

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.