More EZ Keys Scales?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

I’ll take a note of this as a feature request.
    Can you give some examples of how you would use this feature? It will help us make better design choices if we know what the customers are trying to achieve…
    Thanks for the feedback!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

TwoEleven
    Participant

With More Alternate SCALE selections EZ Keys would render even MORE result possibilities .. AND allow the user to have more calculated results in conjunction with the rest of the composition … Modern Music today has settled into the realm of more exotic scale selection … Lydian , Phrygian, Arabic, Harmonic Minor, ect….   Even pitch correction software like Auto-Tune ect has an extensive list of scales to have a more targeted result.

TwoEleven
    Participant

I’ll take a note of this as a feature request.

Have you heard anything in regards to this?

Henrik
    Participant

It’s noted in our request list. However, the initial idea of EZkeys was that the feeling of the original MIDI was to be kept, and changing chords should keep the feeling. It doesn’t mean it can’t change in the future, but this is the way it’s currently designed.

If you, for example, want a piano groove that plays in an Arabic scale, you should use a MIDI file that has that play style. Changing the chords in that case keeps the Arabic style, and you can use “Clean” to force the notes in to a more traditional chord scale.

Toontrack

TwoEleven
    Participant

If you, for example, want a piano groove that plays in an Arabic scale, you should use a MIDI file that has that play style. Changing the chords in that case keeps the Arabic style

When you use a MIDI file with a scale other than MAJOR or Natural Minor .   EZKEYS will automatically round the scale off to either Major or Minor in the way it transposes. And therefore the Chords that you change will be changed based on the Intervals of either Major or Minor . and not Arabic or Phrygian or anything else. . . Thats the problem.

EZKEYS detects the scale of the midi based on Intervals. Currently it only has 2 sets of Intervals. 1 for Major and 1 for Minor … Im just suggesting that they add MORE Sets of Intervals (Scales) so that EZKEYS will have a WAY more accurate MIDI detection result. As well as a Massive amount more results in generation.  This doesnt change EZKEYS current principle.

Henrik
    Participant

When you use a MIDI file with a scale other than MAJOR or Natural Minor .   EZKEYS will automatically round the scale off to either Major or Minor in the way it transposes. And therefore the Chords that you change will be changed based on the Intervals of either Major or Minor . and not Arabic or Phrygian or anything else. . . Thats the problem.

Have you tried disabling Keep MIDI In Chord Scale, in Menu/Song Track? This function does, as you say, force notes into the selected chord’s scale. There is also a Clean button on the Chord Selector (in the top right corner), which does the same thing – forces notes into the current chord’s scale.

Toontrack

• This post was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Henrik.
    Mikael Sundberg
    Participant

Hi, I also think it would be good with alternative scales when composing.

drummerboii
    Participant

To have a program of this price point you very well should have pretty much all the scales available, plus this is very helpful when importing midi files.It sucks when you make a lovely chord progression import it into EZkeys and all structure is lost!!!

ERedmond
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased EZkeys this week and already ran into the scale problem discussed in this forum. I see the original post was from 2018…Are their any plans to update the software to add more scales as others have suggested? I really like EZkeys but only having a major and minor scale makes it very difficult to work with when importing chords I developed in different program.

Henrik
    Participant

Hi,

I just purchased EZkeys this week and already ran into the scale problem discussed in this forum. I see the original post was from 2018…Are their any plans to update the software to add more scales as others have suggested? I really like EZkeys but only having a major and minor scale makes it very difficult to work with when importing chords I developed in different program.

Can you give any specific situations/chords where you run into problems?

Toontrack

rockerston
    Participant

Hello,

In my case, I’m using the Blues midi pack, picking one of the verse variations on the 12 bar classic 130 BPM. If I chose A minor, I get chords in the relative key of C Major, so C C F C G7 F9 C, what I want is a progression that starts with A-, not C. How do I get this? From reading this thread, it sounds like this isn’t possible (at least not automatically). I know that I can change all the chords manually, but that seems to go against the whole point of software, which is to have the machines do it.

Any suggestions?

Wayne Coville
    Participant

Hello. Has there been any further discussion about adding modes to the key feature in EZkeys. Sure, I can just go through and manually change the chords I need to make it fit, but if there was a Lydian or Phrygian (etc) mode option it would make that process and experience much better. Thank you.

Neville Cope
    Participant

I think this is now in V2 – i may have to go and upgrade!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.