Midi Pack questions

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • John

Hi,

and thank you for your interest in Toontrack products.

1)
    Though you can use Toontrack MIDI packs with other software than the Toontrack plugins, you are in for pretty heavy editing of the MIDI since EZdrummer and Superior 2 utilize an extended mapping than the GM standard.
    I wouldn’t recommend it. You should at least invest in EZplayer Pro to be able to Map wrap Toontrack MIDI to GM standard.

2)
    Actual MIDI that can be edited, yes.

3)
    Partially, yes, but if you see my reply on your 1st question, Toontrack MIDI is made for the extended articulation mapping available in EZdrummer and Superior 2.

4)
    No, they all contain different material. No “Complete” version available as for now.

5)
    Rather your first assumption. 450 patterns/fills. The Songwriter’s Packs are played in an organic way; e.g. a verse pattern slowly builds over the 8 or 16 bars of it’s duration, just like it would in a song.

Together with EZplayer Pro, you would have the possibility to pick kit pieces from different patterns and join them to new patterns.
    You can also use Velocity sweep to affect the overall velocity while recording your edited MIDI to a new track.
    If it sounds interesting, I do recommend checking out the EZplayer Pro product page for more info.

I hope this answers your questions.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott

1. The Toontrack MIDI packs are mapped for use with Toontrack samplers (EZdrummer, S2, Beatstation). You can use EZplayer with other drum samplers but the mapping will need adjustments. When used with EZD/S2/BT, the MIDI can be dragged and dropped to your host.

2. The MIDI packs are MIDI and not wav files. They can be edited in your host.

3. The MIDI packs are GM Extended mapped. That means that it follows the General MIDI mapping with some extended mapping specifically mapped to Toontrack’s samplers.

4. All MIDI packs contain unique MIDI produced for each product. There are no duplicates. There is currently no ‘All MIDI Pack’ library. They are for sale individually. I would think this is the most flexible option as not everyone would want/need the wide variety of MIDI that Toontrack offers (Speed/Death Metal to Blues/Pop).

5. ‘More than 450 individually played files’ means over 450 patterns, not 450 songs.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

bionic_peon
    Participant

Thanks for both replies!

Ale84
    Participant

Is it possible to change the metronome speed of the midipack files?..for example if i’m building a drum track with ezdrummer and i want a fill/drum part from songwriters drumpack or another midipack that has a metronome speed a little slower than my song how do i synchronize them?

Scott

The MIDI browser in EZD will playback at the tempo set in your host. For example, if your host tempo is set to 120bpm, all MIDI will play at 120bpm.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Juicy
    Participant

The playback is locked to Logics current bpm.Midi loops are different to audio loops ,
    You could be using a midi file created at 97 bpm and it could easily worke in a track your doing at 112 bpm as example,no change of Quality.

Ale84
    Participant

Great!

Christopher Buening
    Participant

When Toontrack lists a drum MIDI Pack Audio Demo it may look like the following:

“Basic Rock MIDI Pack – EZdrummer 2”

What is EZdrummer 2 referencing? Is that a reference to a preset within EZD 2 or a MIDI file which was pulled from EZD 2?

Is every MIDI file found in a MIDI Pack completely unique and NOT found in another Toontrack product, unless otherwise specified?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.