midi mapping

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Juicy
    Participant

TT keep to a Gm Extended set ,most companies are close to the same
    Toms vary because there are sometimes 4 shell kits and 5-6 shell kits but TT’s way to deal with you don’t notice a big change.
    I guess when you get into the Finer details with variables and articulations you have to spread some sounds on to real keys and thats where
    differences occur,I generally stick with TT stuff so don’t have any problems with this these days.
    The only difference i can think of that can cause a minor yet fixable issue is Evil Drums and Classic which have there Rimshot Snare on the E above the normal D note but thats no biggie really.

Rogue

ORIGINAL: Jan Erik Ernst
    Why can´t you use the same mapping in all the different drum kits.

we do, to the best extend possible at least. This is in fact what makes the MIDI shipped with a particular library compatible with any other, within limits and allowance for musical substitutions.

If you are referring to compatibility between several companies however than this is another matter. Toontrack uses a mapping that is based on the GM (standard drums) and make the most out of the widespread e-drum typical mappings, set by Roland specifically. That’s as close to standardization as you can expect.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.