MIDI library in Superior 3 missing !?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Wayman79
    Participant

Just installed on a fresh brand new MACPRO 16GB ram first thing to be installed is Superior Drummer 3. When I go to grooves tab it says No MIDI library found. I believe when I was first installing it I sent it to the external hard drive but it will not let me correct the path. Please help. If someone could FaceTime me to walk me through it that would work or clear direction as how to fix. Thanks.

Scott

Just installed on a fresh brand new MACPRO 16GB ram first thing to be installed is Superior Drummer 3. When I go to grooves tab it says No MIDI library found. I believe when I was first installing it I sent it to the external hard drive but it will not let me correct the path. Please help. If someone could FaceTime me to walk me through it that would work or clear direction as how to fix. Thanks.

It’s a separate download/install. There is a Core MIDI installer under S3 Library Part 1 – Basic Sound Library in Product Manager.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Richard
    Participant

Your “MIDI” folder need to be in “C/Programdata/toontrack/EZDrummer”

Even for Superior Drummer 3.

Then relocate the librairies in the soft and you’re good to go 🙂 (maybe “relocate MIDI files” in advance settings but it worked without this for me)

Hope this helps.

Dave Dukart
    Participant

Same issue.  In m0re than 50% of my grooves suddenly there is a “no files match the active filters” error.  So all those grooves I paid for aren’t there to use.  I loaded everything directly using Toontrack Product Manager and all the products I purchased are up to date show as ready to use, yet every Library (Superior Drummer, EZX, and all the add ons are missing at least 50% of the grooves that were there last time I used them.

Update:  So, this i9nstance of the issue, I initiated a new project and see when adding a new MIDI instrument on a new track to use SD3, there are multiple options, because it looks like updates sometimes rename it, so you get multiple locations, confusing not your DAW and moving folders around so it can’t find them.  That’s what causes the error.  You can verify if that’s your issue by looking up “Settings” and select “Libraries/Paths” from the pulldown in you FX Track (SD3) control window (where you select your grooves).  I had the yellow triangle with exclamation point errors on some of my paths.

Use caution if you update your paths because it WILL impact older projects and you’ll have the same errors on old projects.

In this case I did not have t0o change paths like I have in the past because when I started a new project I used the most recent Superior Drummer option on the list when starting a new MIDI instrument on a new track and all the grooves were there.

Annoying and I really wish Toontrack would pull their head out and standardize update methods to avoid this ordeal.  At least now I know what’s going on and can work my way through it.

Viewing 4 replies - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.