METAL MACHINERY SDX UPGRADED POSSIBILITY?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Scott

They aren’t ‘the exact same samples from the Metal Machine EZX’.

The Metal Machine EZX has around 850MB of sound files. The new Metal Machinery SDX has over 18GB of sounds. You also get all of the features in the SDX that you get in any other SDX as compared to an EZX. You get all of the bleed options in S2. You get many more mixer channel options. You get custom Combined Presets. You get custom MIDI by Nick Barker.

I don’t think you’ll see any upgrade option in the future.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

baraka
    Participant

So its grred?

Why not release them simultainiously or atleast warn people of basically a variation ( better in my case ) of the same product coming a year later?

Should i wait for the colin richardson SDX NeXT november?

Whats up with this practice?

Scott

There are two product paths. EZdrummer Line of products and a Superior Drummer line of products. This is also nothing new.

Vintage Rock EZX – Custom & Vintage SDX
    Pop/Rock EZX – NY Avatar (library that ships with S2)
    Jazz EZX – Roots SDX
    Nashville EZX – Music City SDX
    Rock Solid EZX – The Warehouse SDX
    Metalheads EZX – Metal Foundry SDX

There is always more content (samples, channels, Combined Presets, MIDI) in SDX libraries than in the EZdrummer line version.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gloom
    Participant

Eh, I get that both products have their place and intended consumer, but had I known an SDX would be coming in the future I would not have bought the EZX. In fact, I’m probably going to steer clear of EZXs from now on for this reason.

EDIT:

@baraka said:Should i wait for the colin richardson SDX NeXT november?

Yeah, this. A surprise SDX makes the EZX basically useless, or at best redundant, so I’m not going to risk buying any more EZXs that could potentially be expanded months later. I already had “Metal Foundry” so I didn’t buy “Metalheads EZX”, but those products make sense the way they were released; Metal Foundry came out, and later, a cut-down version for folks who didn’t want to go balls-deep on a whole SDX package. But Metal Machinery’s genesis is ass-backwards, and I regret buying Colin’s Made of Metal EZX too, now that I know how this works.

baraka
    Participant

Exactly my point, Toontrack are just milking people for Money, atleast now we know the drill, i won`t touch a EZX ever when eventually an SDX comes out with the same samples, just better.

Don`t give me the 2 product path bs, we all know that, what i asked why Toontrack did`nt let us know that they had an SDX of the same seesion coming?

Can you answer me that?

And, will the Made For Metal EZX come as a SDX too at some point?

Scott

Thanks for your comments. Toontrack however never comments on future releases, or the possibility of future releases.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@DivideByZero said:

Eh, I get that both products have their place and intended consumer, but had I known an SDX would be coming in the future I would not have bought the EZX. In fact, I’m probably going to steer clear of EZXs from now on for this reason.

EDIT:

@baraka said:Should i wait for the colin richardson SDX NeXT november?

Yeah, this. A surprise SDX makes the EZX basically useless, or at best redundant, so I’m not going to risk buying any more EZXs that could potentially be expanded months later. I already had “Metal Foundry” so I didn’t buy “Metalheads EZX”, but those products make sense the way they were released; Metal Foundry came out, and later, a cut-down version for folks who didn’t want to go balls-deep on a whole SDX package. But Metal Machinery’s genesis is ass-backwards, and I regret buying Colin’s Made of Metal EZX too, now that I know how this works.

@baraka said:

Exactly my point, Toontrack are just milking people for Money, atleast now we know the drill, i won`t touch a EZX ever when eventually an SDX comes out with the same samples, just better.

Don`t give me the 2 product path bs, we all know that, what i asked why Toontrack did`nt let us know that they had an SDX of the same seesion coming?

Can you answer me that?

And, will the Made For Metal EZX come as a SDX too at some point?

Frankly, I find value in having both the EZX’s and the SDX’s.
    Toontrack certainly doesn’t need me to defend them but I can’t tell if you guys are being serious or sarcastic….
    The Metal Machine EZX was released 3 years ago (11/1/2011).
    That kind of seems like quite a long time to wait if Toontrack just intended to release Metal Machinery as some sort of “money grab”.
    It’s quite possible that at the time, and until recently, they never intended to release the SDX at all…by popular demand.

PS. There are very few, if any, companies that will comment on future releases, or the possibility of future releases.

Codestation
    Participant

Get them both for the kits you really like. I have both Rock Warehouse and the Staub EZX I forget what it was called, and still find use for the already processed samples. or don’t. Whatever you wanna do.

me… The Tempesta sig snare from the Metal Machine EZX almost always finds its way into my metal projects no matter what I’m doing, so… yeah.

http://www.soundcloud.com/codestation

Gloom
    Participant

Yeah I don’t think it’s a “cash grab”, nor do I think the EZX was created with any plan to expand upon it. It just seems like the type of thing that would normally have an upgrade path. Again, since I wouldn’t have bought the EZX if there was an SDX available, I’m now set against buying new EZXs just in case a corresponding SDX comes out later. If there was an upgrade path, I’d be a bit more confident in purchasing said EZX. That’s what upgrade/crossgrade pricing is usually for; so that one can buy confidently and know that the software dev has them at least somewhat covered if they ever expand/improve upon the product. Just my feeling on it, but TT should be aware that this potentially makes customers wary of EZXs, instead opting to wait for a product that may or may not ever come to be, netting them $0.00.

Codestation
    Participant

You know – now that you mention it – this is why I haven’t bought the Made of Metal EZX. First off I really don’t need it, but second… yeah… in the back of my mind I’m waiting for the SDX announcement.

I don’t expect an upgrade path though, but to each his own. Yes – admitting it – I AM a toontrack fanboi :D

BTW I got the Metal Machinery SDX (the first part / download) and am very impressed. I’ve always struggled a bit with the Avatar kit in Superior 2.0, which is purely down to my own deficiencies in hearing and mixing environment; but I am finding Metal Machinery much more to my liking on its own. About to tweak it in a mix I was originally working on with the Metal Machine EZX mixed with some other bits, we’ll see how it goes.

I just fricking love drums.

http://www.soundcloud.com/codestation

ElfDragon
    Participant

Ok so if EZX already comes processed and SDX does not (I assume this is the main difference.) I’d like to know if the SDX has the option at the flick of a switch to administer the same pro processed FX as EZX? Otherwise one would have to own both to have full functionality, and this may justifiably seem to many as a money grab scheme

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.