Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Metal Machinery Cymbal 1,2 out left /right automated send out to SD -mixer?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Scott

In every Toontrack library, the crash cymbals have always been just in the OH channels mostly. Of course they are in all mic channels using the various bleeds. This is due to Toontrack’s philosophy for making sound libraries. It’s most common in a recording session to have crash cymbals picked up by the OH mics and not have spot mics on every one.

You can control the level of each cymbal using the fader in the Instrument section. Select a cymbal and move the Instrument fader.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Leif Briis
    Participant

Hi, thanks for answer.. Yes I can use instrument section to adjust the level, thanks

Oh well that’s understandable that it should goes to the overhead.. That’s make sense, kind of…
    But why is there 4 channels in the Superior mixer with cymbal: L1, L2, R1, R2 AND a overhead channel?
    From start this cymbals channels are quiet..? If it goes to the overhead anyway, isn’t a little waste of channel space with these four channels if they are quiet?

But of course I can choose to select bleed in the particular instrument channel to hear and see them separate in the specific channel. Maybe that’s the risen for each channel of cymbals..?

Scott

@Leif.Briis said:

Hi, thanks for answer.. Yes I can use instrument section to adjust the level, thanks

Oh well that’s understandable that it should goes to the overhead.. That’s make sense, kind of…
    But why is there 4 channels in the Superior mixer with cymbal: L1, L2, R1, R2 AND a overhead channel?
    From start this cymbals channels are quiet..? If it goes to the overhead anyway, isn’t a little waste of channel space with these four channels if they are quiet?

But of course I can choose to select bleed in the particular instrument channel to hear and see them separate in the specific channel. Maybe that’s the risen for each channel of cymbals..?

The 4 cymbals don’t sound quiet to me. Make sure you have the cymbals on in the bleed edit menu for those channels and bring the faders up.

I think they were offered for more choices. They used different mics than the OH.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.