Master Bypass

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

I’m curious to know what would be the purpose of ‘Bypass’?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mark Farrell
    Participant

haha hi john, yes it was a weird request. Well actually it wasnt a request, just an enquiry.

Last night i was working on a session that had two instances of superior drummer. A stick kit, and a mallet kit. Both kits during the chorus (at different points of the song) had the main groove drum track with an extra track playing fills over the main track (also run through a distortion, im sure you know the effect we were trying to create) but after multiple takes, as well as the fills on both kits, it would have been nice to bypass either the stick or mallet kit for focus without having to mute several midi tracks. It was kind of a unique situation, no drastic inconvenience of course, but when i found myself logging on to the TTforum to see if any knew kits are on the way, i just posted the question without much thought. I was just thinking at the time it was kind of odd that the superior plugin didnt support one of the main features of a plugin? but as i said, i didnt give it too much thought and your right that users wouldnt gain much of an advantage with support for bypass.

How about support for mapping superior plugin parameters to say a C24 or ICON in PT though?

Mark Farrell
    Participant

forgot an important part there, that at the time both instances were on the same aux

Juicy
    Participant

Bypass on inserts can be slighty unpredictable with inserts,from a timing point of view,
    perhaps not great for drums.

Personally i would prefer to just edit the existing midi.
    Maybe a few more edits but not much for the same yet more robust result.

Consolidate/ finalize your midi 1st (whatever your DAW calls it)
    Then via midi you could easily automate via re cutting regions ,muting regions.
    After your happy / finished you can then delete un eeded regions .

Thats the way i do this stuff ymmv.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.