Mac OS Sierra compatibility

Studio Corner
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • John

Hi,

if you are using the Product Manager to download and install your products, you should have no problems with Sierra.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Luke Bredin
    Participant

Thank you for the reply! Awesome I can upgrade now. Yeah Im 99% sure I did a complete install of my mac with the Product Manager about 9months ago.

Thanks again for the help.

Ilja Körrer
    Participant

@John:
    does your answer also mean, that if Ihave a steady running Installation of Superior under Yosemte,
    I can run an update to Sierra without any issues?
    Or do have to run a new Installation with he Product Manager?
    Greets Ilja

John

Hi Ilja,

I missed your reply to this thread.
    There should be no issues. Worst case scenario, you would need to run the 2.4.4 plugin update again but I doubt it, since there really is no reason why.
    Sound libraries already on your HD are of course already installed and they are not OS up-/crossgrade sensitive.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mars65
    Participant

I have just installed the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 upgrade on my Macbook Pro and have now received a compatibility error message 🙁

I purchased Ezkeys classic piano 10 days ago … here is the error message:

“The Audio Unit “EZkeys” could not be loaded for your project, and may need to be updated. Contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.”

How do I run the plug-in update again (mentioned in the post above)?

Thanks
    Robert

BTW I am using Garageband … and must admit I am new to the whole area of creating backing track and music on my mac.

Scott

@Mars65 said:
    I have just installed the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 upgrade on my Macbook Pro and have now received a compatibility error message 🙁

I purchased Ezkeys classic piano 10 days ago … here is the error message:

“The Audio Unit “EZkeys” could not be loaded for your project, and may need to be updated. Contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.”

How do I run the plug-in update again (mentioned in the post above)?

Thanks
    Robert

BTW I am using Garageband … and must admit I am new to the whole area of creating backing track and music on my mac.  

See this link regarding Mac High Sierra and Garage and

https://ask.audio/articles/audio-plugins-not-working-in-garageband-on-macos-10-13-high-sierra-here-s-a-fix

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mars65
    Participant

Thank you for the link – it works, although I need to play around with it a lot more.

I had great problems to get it to work in the beginning. I had to research what type of plug-n it was … please forgive my ignorance:) It’s a plug-in for recording microphones:)

So, one thing I suggest to add to the instruction: “When selecting a track to add the plug-in to, the track type should be a “recording via a microphone” one. I just added an empty track, configured for microphone. After that everything worked okay.

What I have not worked out is if the song gets saved, it would appear that you lose any changes? I need to verify this.

As said I’m a newbie so every visit to garageband is an adventure …

Thx again
    Robert

keano
    Participant

Hello I use Logic latest version. OS is High Sierra 10.13.16

All my plugins work except Superior Drummer 2 doesn’t show up now. Is there a SD2 update somewhere or any suggestions to get it back?

John

Hi,

I run Superior 2.4.4 in Logic X 10.4.2 on macOS 10.13.6 (which I presume you mean, not 10.13.16) and have no problems.

Can you open Superior 2 in Toontrack solo? If so, which version number is displayed in your plugin interface?

If it’s already updated to 2.4.4, did you try re-downloading and re-running the 2.4.4 update with the Product Manager?

Is the Superior 2.4.4 plugin showing up in the Logic Plug-In Manager? Can you select it and Reset & Rescan?

Have you tried deleting the AU cache as described in this FAQ and then reboot before launching Logic again ?:

EZdrummer no longer works with Logic?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Meredith
    Participant

Edit: resolved

• This post was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Meredith.
    Guglielmo.Franco
    Participant

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn’t find it above:  I have Superior Drummer 2, and I’m wondering if it’s compatible with MAC OS X 10.12 Sierra. Any info on this?  Thanks.

Guglielmo.Franco
    Participant

Sorry about this.  Apparently I asked a similar question about Mojave, and SD2, and Olaf was kind enough to answer in the affirmative.  So, I apologize for wasting time.  Been crazy as of late and forgot I already asked.

JeffLongo
    Participant

Hello,

Not sure if this has been asked already, and if it has I apologize… but, I can’t seem to find a solution to my quandary.

I am using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 with ProTools 2020.5.0 and my EZdrummer/Drumkit From Hell will not work with that.  What do I need to do to get it working please?

John

Hi Jeff,

could you please elaborate; what exactly is not working and what have you done so far in terms of updating, etc?
    Which version of EZdrummer?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: JeffLongo
    JeffLongo
    Participant

Hello John,

Thank you for resplying, appreciate it.  Toontrack TT106 EZ Drummer version 1.2.0 is what I am trying to install.  I used to have it on my macBook, but the macBook died 2 years ago, so I bought an iMac.  The iMac has OS High Sierra version 10.13.6 and I am running DAW ProTools version 2020.5.0 now.  The problem is now I can’t install EZdrummer.  Is there a version of EZdrummer/Drumkit from Hell that’ll work with my configuration?  Do you need my serial numbers?  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.