Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

LP SDX for SD?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Coryd
    Participant

I can’t remember what the sample rate is, but the original dfh superior had a percussion kit in it. I have it and use it a bunch, but it might be the same as the EZX, but i am not entirely sure. It does sound great though! 🙂

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

Especially the tambourines from the old S1 get lots of use here.
    Like always, the EZ version has less samples, and is pre processed…so the Superior version is preferable.

But in all fairness, they could easily come up with a better product now.
    Just doubt that they can be bothered in these days of electronic stiff music…they seem to gravitate more towards that market, and nobody there would appreciate a percussion set in the standard of Metal Foundry.

But I sure would!

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

Coryd
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Oli P

Especially the tambourines from the old S1 get lots of use here.
    Like always, the EZ version has less samples, and is pre processed…so the Superior version is preferable.

But in all fairness, they could easily come up with a better product now.
    Just doubt that they can be bothered in these days of electronic stiff music…they seem to gravitate more towards that market, and nobody there would appreciate a percussion set in the standard of Metal Foundry.

But I sure would!

Agreed! I would love a new percussion style product. I think it was mentioned in another thread, but something like a World Percussion EZ or SDX would be sick! If there was a way to incorporate like a hang drum as well into it….it would be even that much better 🙂

I use the S1 percussion kit currently with my D20 project along side the Avatar kit and Metal Foundry kit. I was always a big fan of Tribal stuff like old Sepultura and older Soulfly stuff. Hopefully i’ll have my album done this year sometime……darn work gets in the way of recording…haha!

S2.3 NY Vol 2/Music City/Metal Foundry/Evil Drums/dfh Superior Claustrophobic/Electronic/Twisted Kit/Metal Machine

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Oli P

Just doubt that they can be bothered in these days of electronic stiff music…they seem to gravitate more towards that market

How so?

I think the simple fact is it’s easy to come up with numerous great ideas for EZX’s and SDX’s, but it’s expensive and time consuming to develop them.
    Percussion, cinematic percussion, world percussion etc are all no brainer ideas. As is a reggae EZX/SDX and the Jazz SDX of course. I think it would be fairer and not a little realistic to assume the costs involved, grabbing and scheduling the right personnel, and the time it takes to record, edit and format for the platform are the reasons expansions seem to take a while to appear. Not that Toontrack ‘can’t be bothered’.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.