Looking for Raw MIDI Files –

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • myron
    Participant

Hi Dar

If ALL you need is midi loops, then you can just buy one of the Midi Packs that Toontrack offers. (Not to mention there are plenty of companies that offer midi files and drum loops).

But, EZDrummer does include a selection of midi drum loops that you can drag and drop into your preferred DAW and trigger any sound you’d like.

Hope this helps.

M1 Mac Mini • 16GB RAM • OSX 14.2.1 • UA Quad • Logic 10.8 • Kontakt 7 • Toontrack SD3

Rogue

ORIGINAL: kornodar37

I have asked the question of Toontracks (General Inquiry) and never got a straight response.   Also, would I be better off to buy one of the MIDI packs, rather than EZ Drummer?

without knowing the exact response you received the reason why you can’t get a straight answer is that there isn’t one. ALL our MIDI is designed primarily for our samplers and therefore are NOT general MIDI compliant (the opposite is almost true however).

That means that while you can edit them and make them work using a sequencer (or other MIDI editor), they are unlikely to play back properly in anything but a Toontrack sampler.

That said, that’s exactly why we developed EZplayer pro, so if you require a translator, not only to use Toontrack MIDI but most MIDI with proprietary format for use with another drum sampler then MIDI packs + EZplayer pro is the way to go.

More info can be found here:
    http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezplayer-pro/#2

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

kornodar37
    Participant

OK… so here’s the gist of the issue. I do ALL of my MIDI sequencing in Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.  It doesn’t have all the fancy plug-in capacities of the newer software (i.e. SONAR, etc).   Can I still use the MIDI files, from EZ Drummer, and the MIDI Monster Packs, with Pro Audio 9?   Right now everything I do is either on analog multi-track and/or Roland VS-series workstations and I have no desire to buy additional DAW software just for plug-in capability.  I just need the MIDI drum tracks to help speed up drum programming which takes me upwards of months for a single song.

Thanks, in advance, for the help.

Darwin

kornodar37
    Participant

And, I’m truly not trying to dog the product, I just need to know if the MIDI files will work with any sequencer.  If they do, I’m buying EZ Drummer and the MIDI Monster packs… case closed.   I want to avoid buying software that I can’t use.  I do know that I will be giving up the interface by doing it this way, and I’m VERY cool with that.  No complaints.   Thanks in advance. 

myron
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Rogue

I have asked the question of Toontracks (General Inquiry) and never got a straight response.   Also, would I be better off to buy one of the MIDI packs, rather than EZ Drummer?

without knowing the exact response you received the reason why you can’t get a straight answer is that there isn’t one. ALL our MIDI is designed primarily for our samplers and therefore are NOT general MIDI compliant (the opposite is almost true however).

That means that while you can edit them and make them work using a sequencer (or other MIDI editor), they are unlikely to play back properly in anything but a Toontrack sampler.

That said, that’s exactly why we developed EZplayer pro, so if you require a translator, not only to use Toontrack MIDI but most MIDI with proprietary format for use with another drum sampler then MIDI packs + EZplayer pro is the way to go.

More info can be found here:
    http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezplayer-pro/#2

Dar,

Have you checked out the product pages for EZDrummer, EZPlayer and Solo? A lot of answers are waiting for you there. One of the most important things to consider is that there IS a list of tested and compatible sequencers, listed on the product page for EZDrummer.

As Rogue pointed out the midi files for Toontrack products are designed to work for Toontrack drums libraires. So if you want to use Toontrack midi loops you’ll need to buy Toontrack drums (EZDrummer). If you want to use Toontrack loops with other general midi drum libraires, you’ll need a converter. That’s where EZPlayer comes in.

Have a look at the http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezdrummer-2/#4 and make sure that your sequencer is on the list of compatible sequencers.

EZDrummer is a fantastic tool. Best of luck and happy music making.

M1 Mac Mini • 16GB RAM • OSX 14.2.1 • UA Quad • Logic 10.8 • Kontakt 7 • Toontrack SD3

godprobe
    Participant

[…] I just need to know if the MIDI files will work with any sequencer. […]

Yes, they’re standard .mid MIDI notation files. 🙂

Per your other comments about Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, etc. though, I’m hoping you understand what everyone else has been saying about them being designed for Toontrack’s drum libraries — e.g. what should be a hit on a rack tom through EZD or Superior, may be something else in whatever you’re running the MIDI into.

WinXP | Fireface 800 | Variax | Axe-Fx | Toontrack | Komplete | Reaper http://www.godprobe.com/projects/notemaps/

Dave Modisette
    Participant

ORIGINAL: godprobe

[…] I just need to know if the MIDI files will work with any sequencer. […]

Yes, they’re standard .mid MIDI notation files. 🙂

Per your other comments about Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, etc. though, I’m hoping you understand what everyone else has been saying about them being designed for Toontrack’s drum libraries — e.g. what should be a hit on a rack tom through EZD or Superior, may be something else in whatever you’re running the MIDI into.

True they are standard midi files but they might not satisfactorily transfer into a midi project that is using a GM drum program unless they have been translated via EZplayer Pro.

I am very familiar with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 and the various synths that come with it or play nicely with it.  EZplayer Pro will not work inside of this host so I think that you would become frustrated quickly and this might taint your attitude about Toontrack products.

I feel that you might want to consider waiting till you have a more current host sequencer before making your purchase.  If price is the driving issue preventing your upgrade to a newer sequencer, I would suggest considering Reaper.  It is very attractive cost wise and it runs the Toontrack products well.

Dave Modisette www.gatortraks.com www.plasticsamerica.com http://www.gatortraks.com/forum

rods2s
    Participant

EZD is amazing at what it does…. the midi that it come’s with it is great  the midi packs are a god send i have used stuff from groove monkee and found them good but you need to pull the velocities back ……go for it ………. 

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.