Logic Pro X

Studio Corner
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • John

I am having a hard time reproducing here. I run PT 12.4 and Logic Pro X 10.2 and EZdrummer 2.1.1.
    Could you perhaps zip the Logic Session and attach it to a post here?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Clean Reals
    Participant

attached

John

Thanks, I’ll look into it and get back.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Clean Reals
    Participant

the solution was to create a logic Drummer track > change inst to EZD2 > import pt midi via EZD2 then to track

John

Hi,

I guess I am not Logic-savvy enough to understand what’s going on exactly in your Project but something’s different than a “normal”, clean Project.
    I get the same strange behavior when dropping MIDI from the Browser to the Track; like a MIDI transform of sorts is happening. I can’t make this happen in any other circumstance, though. Is it the same for you? If you start a new Project, you can’t make it happen again, right?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

Is there any particular reason why you use “External MIDI” tracks instead of the more commonly used “Software Instrument” tracks?

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Chuck Orwig
    Participant

i have the same problem dragging and dropping my Jabo drum kit. Jab is using a woodblock and it will not play in Logic. the sound ends up as a rim shot and you cannot change in Logic.

John

i have the same problem dragging and dropping my Jabo drum kit. Jab is using a woodblock and it will not play in Logic. the sound ends up as a rim shot and you cannot change in Logic.

Hi, what do you mean with ‘you cannot change in Logic’?

You must be able to drag a note, or?

Do you have any Transforms in your environment?

If you post a zipped logicx project file, I can take a look at it if you want.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

If the EZdrummer 2 plays the MIDI differently, if the MIDI is placed in a DAW vs. the MIDI being placed on the song track of EZdrummer 2, it’s in most cases because there’s a e-drum preset selected in EZdrummer 2 – which changes the MIDI mapping for incoming MIDI.

Toontrack

Chuck Orwig
    Participant

in logic pro, i go into piano roll and hi lite the hi hat, which is suppose to be the woodblock in EZD2 Jabo EZX kit, i than scroll up & down in piano roll to find a woodblock sound. there isn’t one. i have checked everything in logic and all tracks say EZD2.

when i first set up logic, i click what type of instrument i want to start with, midi guitar bass ezd2, etc. i click on ezd2 click how many tracks, ok. on left it shows  how midi tracks i have. i than go to EZD2 find a groove from Funk Masters Jabo. it has a woodblock in stead of ride cymbal or hi hat as the power hand. when i drag and drop into logic and hit play. the woodblock is now replaced with a open hi hat.

my question is how do i get the woodblock from EZD2 to play correctly in logic?

i think i figured it out how??? but i would like everyones ideas on how to. please & thank you!!

on a separate note. who do you use to copyright your songs? my nephew uses Crybaby. who do you use?

thank you!!!

Henrik
    Participant

You can check the MIDI note number/key name for each instrument and articulation in In EZdrummer 2.

• Right click the instrument you want information for and click “Details” in the bottom right corner of the popup.
    • The Articulations for the instrument are listed with their Note Number.
      • Press the “Key” button (top right corner) to see key names instead.
    • In the bottom right corner there’s a “MIDI In” area, which shows the latest received MIDI note/key
      • This is useful when you’re trying to track down where the articulations are placed on a keyboard.

Toontrack

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.