Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Logic Pro – Real Bass Recording workflow

EZbass Pre-sales
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Henrik
    Participant

I basically want my real bass to act as a MIDI controller for EZBass, respecting the different regions (intro, verse, chorus, etc). Can I do this easily with EZBass?

You can record different audio regions for different parts of your song, and then use Toontrack Audio Sender to get the audio to EZbass Audio Tracker.

• Logic doesn’t support drag and drop out of Logic, that’s why the Audio Sender plug-in (which is included when you buy EZbass) is used.

If you have variations in your tempo when you record, you can both import a Tempo Map into EZbass, or you can record each part separately – if each part has a static tempo, but they differ between them.

Does this clear things up for you? 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Michael
    Participant

Most of the tempo changes I’d make manually after recording and converting to MIDI, which is one of my main purposes of wanting to convert it to MIDI, to more easily experiment with that than audio permits. However, I might already have some general immediate changes (no ramp) where I know I’ll want a section to be slower.

Why would you need a tempo map in EZbass if EZbass is following the tempo of Logic? Wouldn’t EZbass determine that there was a note hit at, let’s say, the exact start of bar 3, and place a MIDI note at the start of bar 3, then no matter what I changed the tempo to after that, there’s still a note triggered at the start of bar 3? What am I missing?

Is there a more in-depth video about how Audio Tracker works with an actual bass and Audio Sender? I watched the video for it on the EZbass page, and while it was a good overview, it didn’t explain much about how my specific questions would work.

Thanks Henrik

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.