Issues About VST3

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • John

Hi,

the Toontrack plugins are not VST3 plugins. Check your installation path when installing, so it isn’t pointing to your VST3 folder.
    Also make sure you are installing and loading the 64-bit version if your host is 64-bit.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Torsten Pätzold
    Participant

i need EZdrummer 2 for use in VST3, so what can you offer?

WIN 7 64 bit / Cubase Pro 10

Scott

i need EZdrummer 2 for use in VST3, so what can you offer?

WIN 7 64 bit / Cubase Pro 10

EZD2 and S3 are VST2 plugins. They will both work in Cubase 10 without issue.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

BeamMeUp
    Participant

EZD2 VST2 is on the blacklist of my Cubase Pro 10.5 and remove from blacklist resulted in a crash of Cubase. 🙁

Do you have a solution for this issue?

I installed EZD2 and updates with installation files, not with the Toontrack Installation Manager. Make this a dífferent?

• This post was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by BeamMeUp.
    Scott

EZD2 VST2 is on the blacklist of my Cubase Pro 10.5 and remove from blacklist resulted in a crash of Cubase. 🙁

Do you have a solution for this issue?

I installed EZD2 and updates with installation files, not with the Toontrack Installation Manager. Make this a dífferent?

• This post was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by BeamMeUp.

We always recommend using the Toontrack Product Manager to install and update Toontrack plugins. If recommend installing from the Product Manager.

You may want to check this Steinberg thread about 10.5 and blacklisted plugins:

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=286&t=173409&sid=3eae995fdd801f7a19041679039a8b9f

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

BeamMeUp
    Participant

Thanks a lot! The Steinberg thread was the solution!

Thomas Zickermann
    Participant

Steinberg will update on Cubase 12 Pro in 2022 only with VST3 – what about all the Toontrack plugins? They are only VST2.

Thomas

Scott

Steinberg will update on Cubase 12 Pro in 2022 only with VST3 – what about all the Toontrack plugins? They are only VST2.

Thomas

See this thread:

https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/vst3-compatability/?view=all

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thomas Zickermann
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Thomas

Alessandro Bagagli
    Participant

Thomas

Good question. It’s about 10 years that VST3 became a standard. I think that Toontrack should upgrade its standards to VST3. Personally I want to keep using Cubase with Toontrack software (Superior Drummer 3, Ezmix, Ezkeys etc.) . I really hope that Toontrack will think about it.

chrisgarfield
    Participant

Install the 64bit version of the instrument and all will be fine.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.