Is this how EZ Keys is supposed to work?

Studio Corner
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Scott

What version of EZKeys shows on the interface? Have you updated through the Toontrack Product Manager? Are there any updates available in PM?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

theojkett
    Participant

It’s EZ Keys Grand Piano Version 3 and yes I have gone through PM.

TK

Scott

The latest version of EZkeys is 1.3.3. Can you post a screenshot of the interface?

I don’t see an EZkeys registered to your Toontrack account.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

theojkett
    Participant

I’m sorry… I neglected to mention it is my brother Tim who has the EZ Keys Grand Piano. He’s not real good with forums and he asked me to do it for him. But, no I don’t have EZ Keys of any type.

His interface is a forward view of a grand piano. I watched him use it… or try to… and what I explained earlier is what happens. His EZ Bass and Drummer work like normal…. same way mine does.

I’ll get more information from him later and if there is anything in particular that you need to know about his setup I’ll get that info from him as well.  I do know he is using Sonar Artist (as am I) and is definitely using the latest version.

Thanks for your help.

TK.

Billy 86
    Participant

There is MIDI in the EZ keys song track, and you have follow host engaged?

SD3, EZD, EZ Keys 1&2, EZ Bass. Win10, i9/9900, all SSDs, 64g RAM, Cakewalk, Studio One

theojkett
    Participant

Thanks Bill and yes he is using it with “Follow Host” enabled. But without the Midi dropped into the track, nothing will play back.

We’re both baffled. Bass and drums work fine but the Keys are being a bratty little kid.

John

Hi,

is this something you can screen capture?   It was a very long time since I was near a version of Sonar but one theory could be that you are using a bit-bridged version of EZkeys, which would explain odd behavior. A screen capture of the EZkeys interface in action would be helpful.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

theojkett
    Participant

I’m not sure what a “bit-bridged” version means, so you’ll have to explain that.

As with all EZ products, you can see the song builder portion where you’d drop the midi parts in.  This is where my brother is creating the song and then he has to export the finished midi song and import it into the approriate track in Sonar. Once it is in the track it will play back with the EZ Bass and EZ drum parts. BUT, it will not play back from EZ Keys with the rest of the song (bass & Drums), the midi must be in the song on Sonar for it to play back.

I’ll try to get video and upload that. But for now, attached is a photo of the EZ Keys Grand Piano interface.

Ted

John

OK, a video might further reveal something. From your screen shot I can at least see that you are not using a bit-bridged 32-bit version of EZkeys but the latest 64-bit version.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.