Is SD3’s core library’s base sample rate 44.1 KHz?

Product Manager
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Scott Eshleman
    Participant

from the SD3 product description page:
    In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bit

https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3/

can you imagine how big the library would be at higher sample rates?

Roy Schott
    Participant

Thx – I usually look in user guides for definitive info but, as in the past, TT haven’t added this info in the user guide; indeed they’ve usually hedged their answers when users have asked this particular question about older products. And yes I can imagine what this and many other forums would be without patronisers patronising: rather more adult.

27" iMac, 3.1GHz, 32GB RAM; Clarett 2 Pre; Logic Pro X, Ableton Live Suite, Reason, Reaper; EZPlayerPro, EZD2, SD2, SD3 (complete).

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

I am sorry if you find my response “patronising”.
    Hopefully, it was otherwise helpful.
    I’ve never found the sample rate of the SuperiorDrummer sound libraries to limit the use of higher sample rates for my sessions.

John

Hi,

the Toontrack Libraries sample rate has nothing to with your Sessions/Projects/Songs sample rate. You are completely free to choose 48kHz, 96kHz or what your setup demands.
    The plugin will upsample internally and it is not a sound degrading process or particularly slow. The CPU consumption will increase with higher sample rates but that’s perfectly normal.

I hope this helps,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Scott Eshleman and D-rock0102
    Roy Schott
    Participant

Thank you John. Yes I’m well aware it makes little difference what the DAW’s SR is just so long as it’s not less than that of the sample library’s intrinsic SR – cuz in that case there’d be some slight loss of quality. But now that I know the SD3 core library’s intrinsic SR is 44.1 KHz, it’s all good.
    Best regards,
    Roy

27" iMac, 3.1GHz, 32GB RAM; Clarett 2 Pre; Logic Pro X, Ableton Live Suite, Reason, Reaper; EZPlayerPro, EZD2, SD2, SD3 (complete).

GuiBacon
    Participant

Hi…what I gather is off-putting is when new and relatively uninformed people muse about LLP and challenge Vin without understanding that he has spent years investigating and testing the performance of countless interfaces through countless driver revisions. Whilst is it fair to challenge another person’s claims if they can be shown to be erroneous, it is understandably frustrating when challenges are made without a sound evidential basis, often in spite of facts to the contrary.

Charles Kapiotis
    Participant

The sample rate and bit depth become critical when addressing the issue of dithering and should start to be addressed at the beginning of the creation of the song, not just at the finish. Those of you who know what I’m saying will forgive me for not delving into the particulars since the process of  dithering correctly is a fairly deep and involved. The internet is awash in information about this issue, unfortunately, much of which is incomplete or erroneous.

drramin
    Participant

When I set the sample rate in logic from 44.1khz to 96khz the sounds become super bassy and unusable. My hardwire fine (unless the td27 screws up the upsampling in that case?): 2023 macbook pro m2max, roland vad504 with td27, cranborne500 r8 for hardware processing (aggregate device, changing the sample rate there instead of logic leads to same bad results). Am I doing smth wrong here?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.