Instrument-specific EZMix packs?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

Not a bad idea, but I can only emphasize again from my point of view, the gold in EZmix is somewhat ignoring the title of the effect and using your ears. Guitar and piano pre-sets are often superb on drums.

jgro002
    Participant

Yeah, that is a really good point which I admit I hadn’t given enough thought to.

In fact, last night I put a vocal preset on a clean electric guitar part and it sounded fantastic…

So maybe just having producer EZmix packs (as have been released to date) is the way to go.

Cheers for that perspective!

iMac 3.06 GHz 4 GB OSX 10.6.5, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Logic Pro 9.1.3, Lacie D2 Quadra

Whitten
    Participant

As I did say though, it’s not a bad idea, even just for marketing.
    I could see an EZmix Drum Pack selling well.
    EZMix bass, or EZMix piano, perhaps not so well.

ORIGINAL: Whitten

Esyay on the ZmixEay rumday ackpay! Make it happen, please.

dfmsguitar
    Participant

ORIGINAL: Whitten

As I did say though, it’s not a bad idea, even just for marketing.
    EZMix bass, or EZMix piano, perhaps not so well.

I don’t know about piano, but I think a bass EZmix pack would do extremely well… it might not be the most sought after, but for me, that’s the number one sound I think about in any song mix.  If you can get a good solid bass sound mixed in with the rest of your instruments, I feel like that’s about 50 percent of the battle.  That’s just my opinion, however.

sam odell
    Participant

+1 for EZVox. (vocals)

http://www.youtube.com/user/samicide1/ http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/969759/

Whitten
    Participant

I think ‘vocals’ is an area ripe for exploitation.
    I can’t think of many pre-sets that would work for bass. A bit of eq, a bit of compression are both useful, but that’s about it.
    My vote goes to a Techno pre-set pack. I’m loving the Feelgood pack, but would like to see one of the techno masters have a go.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.