Installer of the Cocktail EZX

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • John

Hi,

I have no info regarding a possible update for this long since discontinued EZX but if you feel confident enough you can manually install it.
    Manually tinkering with the contents in the Finder is always risky if you do not know what you are doing though.

So, with a big red warning sticker attached, here’s how you could do it:

1. Mount the ‘TT106_EZX_Cocktail_MAC_150.dmg’ disk image in the Finder
    2. Open the ‘Contents’ folder. You will see the three files and two folders; ‘EZX_Cocktail’ and ‘Midi’.
    3. Open a new Finder window and navigate to ‘Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZdrummer/’.
    4. Drag the ‘EZX_Cocktail’ folder from the image to the ‘Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZdrummer/’ folder to copy it but make absolutely sure you do not drop it inside any of the other folders already residing there. I.e. when copied it should be found in the ‘../Application Support/EZdrummer’ folder, along with other ‘EZX_’ folders. If it isn’t, you Undo in the Finder and try again.
    5. Next, you open the ‘Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/EZdrummer/Midi’ folder on your hard drive.
    6. On the image, open the ‘Midi’ folder.
    7. Drag the ’04@EZX_COCKTAIL’ folder from the image to copy it to the ‘Midi’ folder opened on your hard drive – again make sure you do not drop it inside any of the subfolders.

Now you can launch EZdrummer 3 and you should find both the EZX and its MIDI

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: matlin72
    matlin72
    Participant

Thanks!

I tried and all went just fine. No problems what so ever!

/Mats

• This post was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by matlin72.

Thanked by: John
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.