Install to another computer without redownloading

Product Manager
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Olof

You need to click Download for each of those downloads. Then if it already exists in the download folder, it will be verified instead of downloaded.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

creativenorthmedia
    Participant

Thought you might say that… sadly it does not appear to work.

I have selected the root folder, the one with “SDX CORE” and others as a subfolder. Is there another folder I need to click? Perhaps the SDX CORE folder itself?

Olof

Ah, you don’t have the original download, only the installation? Do you want to use that installation directly on the other computer? In that case, you don’t need to download/verify or install, only add the path to the installed library. You can do that in the “Installation Info” tab in Details in Product Manager or inside Superior Drummer 3 (Settings > Libraries/Paths).

Coder

creativenorthmedia
    Participant

Ah ok perfect that works.

creativenorthmedia
    Participant

False alarm it doesn’t work.

It works for the initial installation and metal foundry, but the trying to open my .sd3p file prompts me to install EZdrummer and midi libraries? Opening the folder for each pack says “this is not a proper installation”? We had to go into the Contents and choose that folder, that broke the entire installation

This is way too difficult guys seriously… it should be a simple click to find a library and away you go. Also this needs to be in the manual.

Olof

Locating a library and having one path (or actually up to two paths) per library is only supported for SDXs.

EZXs and MIDI libraries should all be within one folder, typically named “EZDrummer”. This is the folder/path that you see listed as “Additional Libraries” near the bottom in SD3 Settings > Libraries/Paths. The MIDI libraries are (must be) in a subfolder named “Midi” inside that EZDrummer folder.

Coder

creativenorthmedia
    Participant

Ah yes I see, that is absolutely moronic. These libraries should just install with SDX itself, it shouldn’t be possible to fragment the installation like that

Yet another thing not in the manual.

bartpop
    Participant

Thanks! Happy to say that using your advice I was able to get my second computer up and running in a couple of hours. Huge time saver!

Operating system: macOS High Sierra (10.13)
    • The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by bartpop.
    John

Hi bartpop,

you can always copy SDX libraries that are already installed in one location, to another. If you have downloaded and installed the SD3 software, just open it and go to Settings > Libraries/Paths… and ‘Add library path…’ to add your SDX libraries.

If you have EZdrummer 2/3 installed along with Toontrack MIDI, you copy the entire ‘EZdrummer’ folder on your 1st HD (normally in ‘Library/Application Support/’ to your 2nd HD and then start EZdrummer 2/3 on that Mac (of course the software needs to be installed first) to locate the ‘EZdrummer’ folder.
    If you do not have EZdrummer 2/3 installed but use EZX:s and/or Toontrack MIDI, you go to the same Settings in SD3 as above but scroll down to ‘Additional Libraries’ and set the location of your newly copied ‘EZdrummer’ folder.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.