I’m sorry, but what is going on here?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Erik Phersson

1) No, I’m just saying that if it was made clear to you what you bought before you bought it, it probably would have made your life easier. In fact, by selling you EZdrummer 1 Kelly’s Computers made you a service in the long run. That’s because if you only bought EZdrummer 2 you would not have received the free Pop/Rock EZX and would only have access to the two stock libraries that ships with EZdrummer 2. The problem for you was that you didn’t realize that you would get both the original EZdrummer 1 and EZdrummer 2 upgrade plus the Pop/Rock EZX.

2) What you need is EZdrummer 2 and Pop/Rock EZX installed and Authorized. Nothing more. If you have installed and authorized EZdrummer 1 then you only need to have EZdrummer 2 and EZdrummer 1 authorized. The Pop/Rock EZX will accept the authorization of EZdrummer 1 since it’s the same library.

3) That is strange, when I click on any FAQ entry I can scroll to the bottom and I see a ‘Contact Support’ button.

4) This is probably related to the fact that you installed EZdrummer 1 first. Since EZdrummer 2 is an upgrade to EZdrummer 1, it will try to preserve the paths that EZdrummer 1 was installed to. It does install a number of files that upgrade old EZdrummer 1. Since you installed EZdrummer 1 to a specific path, the EZdrummer 2 installer will not let you change that path. If it would you would end up with a mess of semi-updated libraries and other strange issues. It is possible however to move the EZdrummer libraries after install. If you do this then EZdrummer 2 will ask you to specify a path the where they are upon next launch. This only applies to the sound and MIDI libraries however.

5) Same as above, you already installed EZdrummer 1 (which is the original Pop/Rock) when you then tried to install the Pop/Rock EZX it was forced to install in the same place.

Hopefully I’m correct in the above point 4 and 5. I’m no expert on how the installers work but since I don’t have the details on you system and don’t know what choices you made during the install off EZdrummer 1, that’s what I think happened.

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

Tim Zurowski
    Participant

Thank you Erik, for the most part that all makes sense to me. So can you tell me the exact location and folder name that I move for the midi and samples? It is not a big deal now, but if/when I add more grooves and samples my system drive is not that big.

Not sure if I was supposed to do this or not, but I did uninstall EZDrummer 1 before I installed EZDrummer 2. Should I have left EZD1 installed? Maybe that has something to do with my situation? If I go to MY ACCOUNT and MY PRODUCTS it lists EZDrummer as “Update Available” and “unauthorized”. Is this correct? It lists EZDrummer 2 but says nothing underneath it (i.e. no unauthorized or authorized) Does this mean it is authorized and everything is okay? Or should it be saying authorized? I also got a product key for EZD1, but do not know what my product key is for EZD2? It also lists Pop/Rock EZX as “unathorized”. Is this how MY PRODUCTS should be displayed?

greg
    Participant

I posted a question several days ago about trying to find the old Cubase drum maps which apparently have vanished with this new and “improved” site? Anyway every time I come to this forum it says my post is still waiting to be approved by the moderators. That was several days ago.

Anyway if anyone can answer where to find the EZ drummer/Superior drum maps for Cubase it would be appreciated.

Thank you

Greg

chris harbin
    Participant

@John said:

Yes, chris and Tim please go ahead and ask here. As Henrik said above, The move and update of the Forum apparently exposed a lot of bugs which are constantly being worked upon.
    Normally, a registered user would see Product Support sections as well, which is where Support matters are taken care of.
    If you click the FAQ and do not find an answer there or here, there is always the possibility to click ‘Contact Support’ at the bottom of each FAQ topic.

Thanks. I just wanted to know and had asked a couple of other times.

Whitten
    Participant

Whatever happens, you can always access your products for download and install from your product page. So you aren’t going to lose anything while the general confusion is ongoing.
    You are ahead of the curve Tim in purchasing EZdrummer One, then upgrading free to EZD2. You are going to get all the benefits of EZdrummer 2, plus a whole extra set of kit samples (from EZD1).

Whitten
    Participant

Regarding the various Support dropdown menus, I think I’m getting the same as Erik.
    Click on the top menu ‘Support’ and I get a drop down ‘ Support Forum’ and ‘Contact Support/FAQ’. If I click on the latter I go to the FAQ’s.
    If I click on ‘My Question Isn’t Covered in FAQ’s’ I get the page you described with the ‘Due to the heavy traffic’ etc…..
    But there is a button at the bottom saying ‘Contact Support’. If I click on that, I get the direct form to send my question to the support team.

jazzmandan
    Participant

Access denied – you do not have permission to view this page

When or When will this be fixed?Yell I feel many of us newer folks are really missing out on good comments and info by not having access to these forums.

chris moffa
    Participant

@jazzmandan said:

Access denied – you do not have permission to view this page

When or When will this be fixed?Yell I feel many of us newer folks are really missing out on good comments and info by not having access to these forums.

agreed. i don’t need to post a question in the support forum at the moment but i could learn a heck of a lot by reading solutions to user problems. i’m still denied access to read my own post, the reply to it, or anyone else’s posts and replies.

Les Barker
    Participant

I’ve had access since today after they advised they are working on fixing this…whilst not great for us after the release of a new product, let’s be patient.

I am specifically seeking clarification to the Pop/Rock library aspect of the OP’s issue which I believe is answered somewhat by Erik’s May 10, 2014, 11:00 pm CEST post (#17) above). We previously had licenses for EZ Drummer 1 which apparently came with the EZX_POP and EZX_Rock libraries. I am now upgrading new iMacs to EZ Drummer 2 but I brought over our existing libraries to preclude unnecessary downloading (which is very slow by the way no matter what time of day you kick them off). We also received licenses for what I assumed were new Pop and Rock libraries which begin with “EXPO” and “EXRO” respectively. I registered 1 license of each library and began both downloads, but I cancelled the downloads when I found an additional EZX2_PopRock folder along with my EZX_Pop and EZX_Rock folders; that is, the presence of the old and new folders indicated that I had all of the necessary Pop/Rock library assets. So I launched EZ Drummer 2 and selected the Pop/Rock kit which launched the authorization dialog box. The available serial numbers which appeared were the EZ Drummer 1 serial numbers (e.g., “EZ12-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX)”, not the new “EXPO” and “EXRO” licenses I had just loaded. When I checked “My Products” at the Toontrack site and reviewed the Pop/Rock library, I found 2 completely different serial numbers which begin with “EXPR”.

Based on Erik’s reply, I would assume that I don’t have to worry about managing any EXPO, EXRO, or EXPR serial numbers or downloading the Pop or Rock libraries (same download with combined Pop/Rock sounds?) because the EZ Drummer 1 licenses are sufficient to access the EZX_POP and EZX_Rock sound libraries. If so, then can I just delete the EZX2_PopRock folder? Or should I delete the 2 EZX Pop and Rock folders because the EZX2_PopRock folder is “updated”? Bottom line is that I’d like to keep the library drive streamlined (i.e., remove unnecessary folders and files to optimize storage capacity), but quite honestly I’m not sure which folders EZ Drummer 2 is targeting for the Pop/Rock kits and which licenses/serial numbers/authorizations would be necessary for the folders.

I’m also not sure where EZXP_EZdrummer2_Percussion library is supposed to be found. I’ve attached a screenshot to show that this library is absent from my drop down menu even though the folder is clearly present along with the other folders on my sound library drive. Please advise on both issues at your earliest opportunity.

Thanks,
    DarrylEZDrummer2Kits.png

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

Pop/Rock is the original built-in kit (sound library) of EZdrummer 1.
    It is not part of EZdrummer 2, which comes with its own Modern and
    Vintage kits (not Vintage Rock). The Pop/Rock kit is now sold as
    a separate EZX2. People who upgrade from EZ1 to EZ2 get
    access to EZX2_PopRock for free but they don’t need to download
    and install it if EZ1 is installed on the machine already. But there
    is a point to doing it anyway, since it loads faster.

EZX_POP and EZXRock are tjhe POP! and Rock! EZXs respectively
    and have nothing to do with Pop/Rock, a.k.a EZX2_PopRock.

>I’m also not sure where EZXP_EZdrummer2_Percussion library is supposed to be found.

It is the three percussion pads in the upper right hand corner of EZdrummer 2.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanks so much for the swift reply, Olof. Based on your comment:

“But there is a point to doing it anyway, since it loads faster.”

…I’m inclined to delete the EZD1 Pop & Rock folders (i.e., EZX_POP and EZXRock) and download the EZD2 Pop & Rock kits if they in fact “load faster” (I assume you mean that they “process faster” and are more efficient in EZD2 by this comment). Additionally, since the Pop & Rock kits are contained in a single download and comprise a single folder, long-term software management would be easier and library drive storage space would be optimized. This seems more practical to me since I have actual EZD2 serial numbers for Pop & Rock and don’t have to rely on past EZD1 serial numbers that I’d prefer not to keep on record.

If I proceed with this action, though, I am still confused about how I will authorize the single EZD2 Pop/Rock download package using the dual Pop (EXPO) and Rock (EXRO) serial numbers given to us by our Toontrack rep, particularly since the licenses I registered are now reflected in “My Products” as “EXPR” serial numbers. I don’t understand the need to authorize 2 serial numbers for a single library, and it seems that one or the other (EXPO or EXRO) would be sufficient to authorize since it’s being converted to an EXPR serial number anyway.

So please clarify these lingering issues before I wind up doing something stupid and completely losing the Pop/Rock sound library altogether. Also, thanks for confirming the 3 percussion pads associated with the percussion library.

Many thanks,
    Darryl

nigel smith
    Participant

what a farce and totally unavoidable you boasted you’ve been working on this for 4 years

Damian Blunt

Darryl – Don’t delete your Pop! and Rock! EZX’s – they are completely different products to the Pop/Rock EZX.

Damian Blunt - Toontrack
    Quality Assurance
    Betatesting

OK, Damian, I’ll keep the separate Pop and Rock EZXs licensed with our EZD1 serial numbers. If so, is there still a need to maintain the EZX2_PopRock folder on my library drive? That is the heart of my true question: do the EZX1 & EZX2 Pop & Rock folders need to co-exist? Do the EZX2_PopRock sounds complement or augment the EZX1 Pop & Rock sounds in any way? If not, then is it OK to just delete the EZX2_PopRock folder folder and disregard the EXPO and EXRO serial numbers I received? This all seems practical and reasonable to me, but I simply don’t know the inner workings between these libraries/folders and EZD2. Please advise and thanks for your patience! Darryl

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.