i’m denied access to see a reply to one of my posts

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Whitten
    Participant

Chris,
    Have you downloaded the EZD2 user manual from your online product page?
    Secondly, have you fully authorized your product online at your product page.
    It used to be that you didn’t have complete access to all parts of the forum until you registered a product. But apparently a forum bug might be the problem also.

chris moffa
    Participant

@Whitten said:
    Have you downloaded the EZD2 user manual from your online product page?
    Secondly, have you fully authorized your product online at your product page.

yes i downloaded the user manual. there is no midi map or piano roll in the user manual. in my post i referred to the midi map supplied with EZD1. it’s a general map showing only generic drum hits. snare, tom1, tom2, etc. there are other drum articulations available not shown on the map. for example, snare left hand hit, snare right hand hit, tom1 left hand hit, tom1 right hand hit, tom1 rimshot etc. there’s more than just ride cymbal and bell ride cymbal. there are additional ride cymbal articulations such as bow and punch. i’d like to see the full map with all available articulations for EZD2 so i can edit and use all available sounds in my projects, not just the generic sounds.

why do i care? here’s just one example: human drum rolls are not played all with one hand. human drum rolls are played with alternate left and right strokes. to create a realistic drum roll of any length — 3 stroke, 7-stroke, 21-stroke — on any drum it’s important to program alternating left and right strokes. otherwise you get the machine gun effect.

regarding your second question, yes my product is fully registered and authorized. i contacted support and they acknowledge some bugs in the forum system. they’ll work it out, poor guys are swamped right now launching a new product, a new web site and a new forum.

thanks very much for replying and for offering assistance.

Erik Phersson

@chris said:

anyone know where to find a piano roll that names all of the alternate articulations available in EZD2? thanks very much.

Click on the Menu in the top right corner of EZdrummer 2, go to ‘Sound Libraries’ and then to the Sound Library that you want to know the mapping for, in each library sub menu you can find a PDF that is called MIDI Layout.

However, there’s no way to access each single hit as you ask for. The different hits that you can hear is chosen for you automatically within the Sample Engine. It’s optimized so you will never get the typical machine gun effect. So for the Snare you just play a Snare roll on the Center articulation and the engine will make it sound natural automatically.

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

chris moffa
    Participant

@Erik said:The different hits that you can hear is chosen for you automatically within the Sample Engine. It’s optimized so you will never get the typical machine gun effect. So for the Snare you just play a Snare roll on the Center articulation and the engine will make it sound natural automatically.

thanks very much, erik. i see you have replied here and to my other post as well. i appreciate the info and i’m enjoying discovering all that EZD2 can do.

Erik Phersson

Chris, can you still not see the EZdrummer support forum: http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/ ?

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

chris moffa
    Participant

@Erik said:

Chris, can you still not see the EZdrummer support forum: http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/ ?

correct, access is still denied. i can neither see my post there nor can i navigate to that forum to post something new. the good news is i don’t have any reason to navigate there to post any problems!

still it would be nice if it could be fixed. thanks for all the effort. you guys are amazing — or maybe nuts — for launching a new product, new web site, and new forum all at the same time.

by the way, mats wilander is my all-time favorite tennis player. just wanted to throw that in there.

i’ll keep trying to access the support forum. it’ll get fixed eventually i’m sure, and you’ve got many more and bigger problems to worry about.

dmantrelz
    Participant

It would have been nice if Eric would have showed us a visual demonstration…. ijs

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.