If i buy SD3 Will EZD2 be included? Wich has most MIDI-files?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John

Hi,

EZdrummer 2 is not included in SD3. I do not know exactly how many MIDI files are included in the two products but a guess would be that SD3 has about ≈ 1,900 files and EZD2 about ≈ 1,000 files.

In SD3 these files are more easily edited and made into new files.

Each EZX/SDX library comes with its own set of MDI files and all are different so there’s no specific set amount of MIDI files.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

ErikMM
    Participant

bump…related

I just moved EZD2 and EZbass “common files” to an external SSD to get ready for SD3 (w00t).

1. If I install SD3 can I keep that local, and will or can SD3 use EZD2 sounds etc. if I point it to the EZD2 folder on the SSD? Or do I use the programs separately?
    2. If SD3 can use ED2 files can I delete ED2 (with the exception of the sound library if possible)?
    3. The EZD2 files were from an older 32bit version (x86), now I have the 64 bit EZD2. I assume the old 32 bit version files don’t have anything to do with 64 vs. 32, they are independent of the newer 64 bit software, correct?
    4. In SD3 these files are more easily edited and made into new files.

Will I be able to edit ED2 sound/sample files in SD3, e.g. like assign or map to my drums’ midi assignments etc.?

Thanks

Erik
    ----------------------------------------------
    EZ Bass, EZ Drummer2 (ezx electronic, reggae, hip-hop,classic), pc audio labs, ableton suite 10, mpd 32, roland and acoustic Frankenstein kit

• The post has been modified 4 times, last modified 3 years, 2 months ago by ErikMM.
    John

Hi,

1. when you move the sounds for EZdrummer 2, you also move Toontrack MIDI. When you start EZdrummer 2 after a move of the ‘EZdrummer’ folder, you have to point EZdrummer 2 to that location and this sets the location for EZdrummer 2 EZX libraries and Toontrack MIDI system-wide. This means that if you install Superior Drummer 3 after this, SD3 will automatically “see” the EZX:s and MIDI and all EZX:s and MIDI subsequently installed, will be installed to this new location. The SD3 library does not have to be installed to the same drive as your ‘EZdrummer’ folder but it must not be installed into that folder. The EZD2 and SD3 plug-ins and standalone applications are installed on your system drive by Default and there is no problem with having the software and the libraries separated that way. They are indeed separate plug-ins and applications.
    2. You could delete the EZdrummer 2 plug-ins and standalone app but why? They do not take up much space.
    3. The Sound library files and MIDI files do not depend on the software bit version, no.
    4. Yes, you can’t modify the actual samples but you can apply envelopes, add FX individually, stack sounds, edit MIDI mapping, etc. etc.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: ErikMM
    johnbarryegan
    Participant

Scratching my head here…

Does EZDrummer 2 have different Midi and EZX files than EZDrummer 3?

I upgraded and deleted EZDrummer 2 as I didn’t think I needed it any longer. Did I screw up? Does EZDrummer 3 automatically look in the EZdrummer 2 folder for midi and EZX info and use it?

John

Hi,

they are different products and do indeed have different sample and MIDI content. They have the same repository, so yes, EZdrummer 3 looks for files in the same place(s) as EZdrummer 2.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.