How to assign the drum kit’s pieces to the midi keyboard

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • genmills
    Participant

Logic Pro has only one articulation for open hihat, whereas EZ Drummer has 5 articulations for open hihats. Is there a way to program the other four articulations into the piano roll/midi scriptor in Logic?

wookiman
    Participant

I have the Arturia Analog Lab controller and it will fire off 90% of the drums, and I’m using Logic Pro X for my DAW, i just wanted to be able to change them because the layout doesn’t make any sense and there will be like 6 bass drum buttons and 4 snares, and many repeats. From what I’m reading I guess I should be happy I have any at all. I have always been happy with EZD2 but I have to say this is disappointing for what is touted as top line drum software and we can’t ever control the drums with a midi controller. C’mon Toontrack let’s get an update or something that makes it work. I know you’d sure make a lot of people happy. Unless it’s just about the money and making people upgrade, I won’t be one just for that reason I can assure you.

• This post was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by wookiman.
    Mitch Ross
    Participant

There is a way to do it. I finally figured it out for my Korg NanoPad2, but it was very time consuming.

Have you tried reaching out to the device manufacturer for help? I had to get some help from Korg after a Mac update pooched everything.

Part of it was remapping the midi information, but I don’t remember how to do that off the top of my head.

Are you on a Mac or PC? Which OS are you using? Is everything up to date?

John

@wookiman:

The possibility to change the MIDI layout inside EZdrummer 2 would make it not ‘EZ’ and break compatibility with the Toontrack MIDI catalog, which is something that would be problematic for the majority of EZdrummer+Toontrack MIDI users.

In Superior Drummer 3, you can create MIDI Presets for Incoming MIDI, which transforms incoming MIDI notes to specific notes in the Toontrack extended GM layout.

If you have pads on your Arturia controller, you can re-map those pads to your preferred notes with the Arturia software.
    I guess this is what Mitch meant with the KORG Kontrol Editor.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mitch Ross
    Participant

Thanks for adding your clarification John. I know that you cannot remap the midi in EZ Drummer.

It might not be as easy as re-mapping in the device editor. It wasn’t for me, but it might be easier in the Arturia software.

Goosafe
    Participant

Thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.