How many computers can I put SD3 on ?

Superior Drummer 3 Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Scott

Your S3 license allows for 2 installs at one time.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

lostlure
    Participant

How would I be able to use this on my third computer ?? Would I have to remove an authorization from another to do this ??
    Thanks

Scott

Yes, or purchase 2 lisences.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

lostlure
    Participant

Ok just one more question to help me decide whether to purchase this.
    So if I understand this correctly, I can install this and use it on all 3 of my computers but only 2 at a time can be authorized at once.
    If that is the case, then how will I be able to manually manage my authorizations between the 3 computers ?

Thanks for your help !

Scott

The best way would be to purchase 2 licenses. Or you would need to remove 1 of the 2 authorizations to authorize the 3rd computer. I don’t think that would be convenient.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

lostlure
    Participant

According to the video I just watched from Toontrack >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=65&v=7rCImvlmvnI

You can have this installed on a total of 4 of your computers but only have 2 authorized at once. In order to install and use on the other 2 computers can easily be done by removing authorizations from one to another and is very simple to do ! So all said and done.. This can run on 4 of your computers. So there is no need to purchase 2 licenses.
    My last question is once they are installed and authorized, when you remove an authorization to another computer are you still able to use the software just not able to update it in that unauthorized state ?
    Can you please confirm this for me and anyone else that has the same question in the future Scott.

Thanks.

Scott

Under the license agreement you you can have 4 authorizations but only 2 authorized at any once and then only 1 in use at one time. It sounds like you want 3 authorized at one time yes? If you only want 2 authorized at once then, yes, 1 license is ok. If you want 3 authorized at once, you need 2 licenses.

Will it work like you said, to have 3 computers running with S3 on the 2 computer license and having to shuffle them around to update and such? Yes. But like I said, the license is for 2 computers and you will be breaking the license agreement if you try to use 3 computes.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

lostlure
    Participant

Ok thanks for confirming this information. My intention is NOT to run 3 computers at once, Only one at a time as needed this was the reason for my questions, I don’t record all the time so that computer can stay unauthorized, I just needed to know the software cold be used when needed on that computer.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Yup. And once you use the 4th authorization, just contact us and we can free up 4 more authorization slots.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Hartmut Gawehn
    Participant

Hi Scott,

does this also apply for the EZ-Keys software and the associated midi packs?
    Thank you in advance for a short reply… 🙂

John

@Hartmut Gawehn:

It applies to all Toontrack products

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

SouthernQ
    Participant

So just to clarify further. I have a main computer in the studio, a duplicate computer at the home studio and a laptop. (BTW Native Instruments allows me to use all 3) Only one is in use at any one time, because I am only one person. This would seem like an increasingly common setup for independent guys like me.

If I decided to buy a second license, would I need to rebuy every title in my account, or just the Superior Drummer engine?

monkeypickson
    Participant

Hey all,
    Anyone here have experience using Ezdrummer 2 with their projects? There’s a decent sale on all their metal products this month, and I’m trying to decide if its worth the ~$250 to buy EzD2 + a couple packs.
    I’ve played around with the demo a bit today, and it integrates with my DAW fine, but I’m wondering if its really worth the cash or if I should just get other, cheaper/free samplers amd write my own drum parts.

gregnfc
    Participant

Toontrack premiere 3 is several hundred gigs – even with fast internet its a beast to download – can I use the same downloads for two different computers or do I need to download a second set for toontrack production manager to recognize and install the second time?

Ian Prince
    Participant

Hey there. I have a similar question. I have my main computer at home where I use SD3 nearly everyday and I’m planning to install it on my other computer at the rehearsal space/studio that I share with my band. My only concern is whether or not we can run both at once. A potential scenario would be I’m at home working on material while our guitar player is at the studio mixing at the same time. I would love to keep our drum tracks within SD3 for mixing. Is this possible?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.