Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

how many at same time until computer chokes

Other Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

Hi,

I’m sorry but it is a bit like asking how long a string is.
    It so depends on the amount of samples loaded; microphones and their bleeds when it comes to Superior 2 libraries.
    Also if you are using a lot of CPU intensive plugins in your Session.
    What I can tell you though is that as a Pro Tools user, you will be better off than ever when Pro Tools 11 is released, should you consider upgrading.
    It will make a big difference that Pro Tools is going 64-bit when it comes to loading big kits in Superior 2, since you then can make use of all that RAM you have in your computer.
    Also, the new Avid Audio Engine will be considerably more powerful and efficient.
    And no, I’m not working for Avid, I’m just pointing out that for you as a Toontrack customer and Pro Tools user, there are benefits compared to your earlier experiences.
    Your computer should definitely be able to do some serious music stuff.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Clean Reals
    Participant

the old pro tools will do it now if you just upgrade has gotten a bit old but i understand what you are saying

what about with samplitude?

also, forget other plugs…i mean just with your VI (s)

are you saying its not usual that a user could add more than one instance of sd and one instance ezkey?

are you saying that with one instance of sd and ezkey the system is teetering on glitchiness and therefore user must print to really actually go on and mix with plugs?

Clean Reals
    Participant

“It so depends on the amount of samples loaded; microphones and their bleeds when it comes to Superior 2 libraries.”

so more bleed = more processing power?
    is default bleed good enough for most songs?
    what about on ezkeys – is there a similar factor?

John

Hi,

a Session with a pretty standard set up regarding drums, microphones and bleeds, together with EZkeys *should* have no problems whatsoever running on your setup.
    I am running pretty heavy Sessions (Pro Tools 10) with Superior 2, EZdrummer and EZkeys, together with a few other VI’s and Audio Tracks with plugins on my early 2011 MacBook Pro.
    These Sessions are very tough on my “old” TDM systems, I might add.

More microphones and bleed enabled requires more RAM, which becomes a problem with 32-bit applications, like Pro Tools 8/9/10.
    Also, the more microphones running with FX on them in the Superior 2 mixer, requires more CPU power.
    EZkeys has not got anything similar.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.