Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

How do I make my own drum patterns?

Studio Corner
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • John

Hi,

you can record directly onto the Song Track and manipulate from there and finally save.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Neglia
    Participant

What do you mean by Song Track (new at this, please excuse my ignorance)? Do you mean the area at the bottom that you drag midi song blocks to?
    I have tried to record directly to my DAW (Sonar 8.5) but when I check the piano roll, there’s nothing there. So how can I correct what I have messed up? How can I change one of the preset rhythms? How can I correct a timing issue on, let’s say, one beat of a tom that I messed up?

Rick Neglia

John

@rickyneg said:

What do you mean by Song Track (new at this, please excuse my ignorance)? Do you mean the area at the bottom that you drag midi song blocks to?

Yes, that is the Song Track.

I have tried to record directly to my DAW (Sonar 8.5) but when I check the piano roll, there’s nothing there. So how can I correct what I have messed up? How can I change one of the preset rhythms? How can I correct a timing issue on, let’s say, one beat of a tom that I messed up?

In the Song Track or in Sonar? On the EZdrummer 2 Song Track you have a Quantize option in the Song Track Menu.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Henrik
    Participant

You can also quantize the different drum parts of a MIDI click, for example the snare. Right click on a block, choose “Edit Play Style”. In there – right click, for example, the snare on the drum kit and choose “Quantize” from the menu Smile

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

StudioRyde
    Participant

In EZ1 we could easily find the drum mad, for writing with a MIDI keyboard. Where is it in EZ2 ?

Rick Neglia
    Participant

@Henrik said:

You can also quantize the different drum parts of a MIDI click, for example the snare. Right click on a block, choose “Edit Play Style”. In there – right click, for example, the snare on the drum kit and choose “Quantize” from the menu Smile

Yes, but how do I add, say, one snare hit to the snare line on the beat that I want? I know that you can increase the number of snare hits, but that doesn’t always put them where I want them.

Rick Neglia
    Participant

@John said:

@rickyneg said:

Yes, that is the Song Track.

In the Song Track or in Sonar? On the EZdrummer 2 Song Track you have a Quantize option in the Song Track Menu.

In either. I want the drum track to show up in piano roll in Sonar so that I can add to it or subtract from it in subtle ways.

Michael

Its

@StudioRyde said:

In EZ1 we could easily find the drum mad, for writing with a MIDI keyboard. Where is it in EZ2 ?

Sound libraries > Then highlight the specific sound library that you want and you will see the MIDI layout.

Michael Sanfilipp - Toontrack
    Technical Marketing Coordinator

Michael

@rickyneg said:

@Henrik said:

Yes, but how do I add, say, one snare hit to the snare line on the beat that I want? I know that you can increase the number of snare hits, but that doesn’t always put them where I want them.

You could enable the record function in EZdrummer 2 and record a MIDI note by clicking on the drum when you want it to sound (or by using a MIDI controller). Otherwise You would need to do this in the Sonar piano roll editor.

Michael

@Michael said:

Its

@StudioRyde said:

Sound libraries > Then highlight the specific sound library that you want and you will see the MIDI layout.

You can drag grooves out of the EZDrummer 2 song track to Sonar’s track. You can then edit the MIDI in sonar.

Patrick Wilson
    Participant

How about totally bypassing the ezdrummers library and recording your own midi patterns. Besides being stuck with the proverbial 4/4 which becomes mundane, the drum patterns arent always there when searching for them. Im sure theres a way to do this and I will explore this option until its obtained. Its either this or go with superior drummer.

Scott Eshleman
    Participant

@Vicious Breed Music said:
    How about totally bypassing the ezdrummers library and recording your own midi patterns. Besides being stuck with the proverbial 4/4 which becomes mundane, the drum patterns arent always there when searching for them. Im sure theres a way to do this and I will explore this option until its obtained. Its either this or go with superior drummer.  

I think that you’ll find what you’re looking for on pages 18 & 19 of the EZD2 Operation Manual.
    Enjoy!!

woo woo
    Participant

when I save a custom drum track in ezdrummer2 and reopen the file it always plays back with the high hats open?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.