how do i know what’s best for me?

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

is it necessary to purchase the add-in packs too?

Of course not. EZmix2 will function just fine when using the included presets (and can sound great). Whether or not you, personally, will find the preset expansion packs useful is purely subjective. You can have a listen to the demos on the product pages to hear what styles the pack’s sounds are geared towards.

Personally, I would use the included presets until you feel you need more presets, then look into the preset packs that most closely matches the style of music you are working on.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

If I may jump in, do any of these packs model analog hardware as does dsp-based UAD 2 plug-ins? What would be the benefit of these if one really likes UADs? Because perhaps these might be of some use to me if I am not quite a master at UAD stuff as my formal training is more of a TV broadcasting-based audio backround and not music-based. So although I really like UAD plug-ins, my current skill set is probabily limiting if i rely on those alone – but with these, how analog do they sound in comparison to UADs? In other words, is the TT EZM line meant for pro studios or is this series of plug-ins meant for more the amateur or the home studio-quality application? My level of expertise in music mixing/mastering falls somewhere between amateur and pro. Probably right smack dab in the middle.

And how are the reverbs. Are they of similar quality to lexicon or eventide?

Or will these questions be answered by how much i see my system usage and/or ram-meters go up? I have 8 gigs of ram atm.

The only reason i state my response as such is because there does not seem to be any options to demo the products.

Scott

The only reason i state my response as such is because there does not seem to be any options to demo the products.

http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezmix-2/

Click the ‘Download Demo’ button.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

MouseClickDrummer
    Participant

thanks. for this price i would say definetly worth it for quick results.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.