How can I uninstall all of my Toontrack products?

Product Manager
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • John

Hi Gerry,

Uninstallers are part of the Installer packages, so downloading an installer package will also download an uninstaller.

Another option is to simply delete folders but I am not sure what your end purpose is? To make it seem like no Toontrack products ever were installed? Or are you suspecting corrupt files?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Gerry Lane
    Gerry Lane
    Participant

Hi John.

Thank you so much for the reply….I really appreciate it!

YES….I was thinking that there might be a corrupt file issue with SD 2 because, I couldn’t find a way to uninstall it and then reinstall it again but the thing is….none of my 67 Toontrack products give me the option to ”uninstall”…..they are all greyed out!!! (Please see the attached photos)

My computer now is a brand new M1 Mac Mini with 16GB Ram and a 512GB SSD and the OS is Monterey 12.5.1

So, what do you think….would a complete uninstall of all Toontrack products (deleting the folders) help with this issue?

THANK YOU again John.

Best wishes.

Gerry.

Operating system: macOS Monterey (12)

Gerry Lane

John

Hi,

as uninstallers are part of the installer packages, downloading one will make the ‘Uninstall’ option clickable. Normally, you delete the installer packages once the products are installed, which makes the Uninstall option grey and not clickable.

However, I do not see why you must do that, since just the fact that you can’t uninstall right now, without downloading the Superior 2 installer, is not something indicating an error.

Is that the only reason you want to uninstall and reinstall?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gerry Lane
    Participant

Hi John.

The main reason that I want to uninstall SD2 and reinstall it again is because….it’s not working. Everything else works…..EZ Drummer works, SD 3 works etc.

I have done several plugin scans in Reason 12 and, it stops every single time at SD2 telling me that there is an error!!

Best wishes.

Gerry.

Gerry Lane

John

Hi Gerry,

I asked one of the programmers and he suspects that something needs to be done in the Reason end for it to work. If I force a rescan, I get the same but not only with Superior Drummer 2. You have to remember that SD2 was discontinued (in 2017) well before Reason 12, Silicon Macs and Monterey.

IOW, do not look for any fault in your system but perhaps ask Reason Studios?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gerry Lane
    Participant

Hi John.

Thank you very much for you very kind attention and great support….very much appreciated.

I will shoot Propellerhead an email but, I don’t have any great hope in a solution to this particular problem.

Please consider this done, dusted and sorted.

THANK YOU again.

Gerry.

Gerry Lane

Thanked by: John
    Moritz Steiger
    Participant

I have a similar problem here. Wanted to uninstall EZ Drummer 1 and SD2 to free up some disk space and to move everything to my better computer.

Problem here is, that the uninstaller won’t work. “The publisher needs to update the uninstall files”! I know it’s been discontinued but I think it’s weird that there are no problems installing it but I can’t uninstall the two?
    Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Operating system: macOS Ventura (13)
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.