How can I Create Augmented Chords (among other chords) with EZ Keys?

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • John

Hi,

there is an ‘Add Chord to Song Track’ button to the left, above the Song Track.
    It adds a basic chord, e.g. ‘C’, which you then can modify with the wheel.
    Expand the ‘Details’ and then for creating an Augmented C, you would click and hold the ‘5’ and change it to ‘5+’, then the ‘+’ inversion, right?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: David Alston, Adrian Georges and Douglas Andresen
    gili
    Participant

hey !

i have a question about ezkeys .

i cant find the chord d#

how can it be ?    i searched all the options at the wheel and there is not d#  .

there is a way to  choose a flat or sharp to a chord ?

Henrik
    Participant

hey !

i have a question about ezkeys .

i cant find the chord d#

how can it be ?    i searched all the options at the wheel and there is not d#  .

there is a way to  choose a flat or sharp to a chord ?

In the chord selector, D# is noted as Eb. It could also have been written as D# (as both Eb and D# is written in the Circle of Fifths), but due to shortage of space we could only use one of them.

I’ll write it down as a feature request, to be able to choose to see sharps or flats!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Henrik.
    Waterden
    Participant

A suggestion on Chords. While Sus 4 is available on the Chord Wheel Sus 2 is not, or at least I can’t find it. Sus 2 is every bit as important as Sus 4 and should be included.

Scott

A suggestion on Chords. While Sus 4 is available on the Chord Wheel Sus 2 is not, or at least I can’t find it. Sus 2 is every bit as important as Sus 4 and should be included.

You can select Add9 and then remove the 3rd.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Waterden
    Waterden
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Scott. I have also just realised you can do this by changing the inversion. Thus Csus 2 (C-D-G) is an inversion of Gsus4 (G-C-D)

jwweber55434
    Participant

I find myself tending to agree with @Home Recorder. The chord wheel is not comprehensive enough. I shouldn’t have to trick the system. A “Custom Chord” option would be a welcome addition. The problem I’m running into is it’s difficult to get voice leading to work the way I would like. Simply having an option to change a chord inversion is not enough and sometimes it works in unpredictable ways. Having a custom chord option would make this a much more serious tool.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.