Hiss after samples play in EZD2 demo…

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Hayden Wharewaka
    Participant

Isn’t it just the snare buzz of the sample? I don’t hear a problem. If your playing to music can you hear it?

Neil
    Participant

Yes at the end of a song. It is in Superior drummer as well. Sounds like a mic pre that is turned up too much. The hiss is louder than the tail on most symbols.

You can even hear it in the Toontrack demos online. Try these ones.    toontrack.com/product/death-metal-ezx. Go to presets and drums, listen at the end of the demo. In a quiet part of a song or the ending at loud listening levels it has been enough for me to change the way a song ends to avoid it. It’s not good.

• The post has been modified 3 times, last modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Neil.
    Joe30_1
    Participant

I’ve had the same issue, specifically using the Metal Machine sample kit

David Casas
    Participant

Just activated my EZD2 demo yesterday, everything was fine on the speakers, the presets sounded really good, I loved it, thought it was really what I needed… Then today I put on my headphones loud and… I noticed the insane ammount of noise/hiss tail that some of the drums have! Specially the kick. Load the “Prog Rock”* preset, and without changing any setting, try to do a blast beat on the kick with your mouse, then stop, you’ll notice all the noise from each hit stacking up to huge ammounts. I guess this can be tamed with a gate, and some other presets, such as the “Tight”, doesn’t suffer from this, the noise is barely noticeable there. However I think this a very bad design of samples for a 150€ product, I understand that these samples are pre-processed, but then the noise should have been tamed too… I tried the AD2 demo aswell and their drums don’t do that, however I still think that EZD2 drums sound better, specially for my genre, but the noise thing is a major turn off… I don’t really know what drum library to get anymore since all of them seem to have major pros and cons. I have NI’s Studio Drummer but their presets suck and they don’t have any kick or snare sound I like, however they have a hold and decay knob for each drum that let you tame the tails of the hits.

In short, I’d insta-buy EZD2 if it weren’t because I noticed the noise thing today… now I really have to think about it. Anyway, thanks for the demo

*edit: the “Power Batter” preset has even more noticeable noise tail

Update: I just noticed a fun thing, changing the pitch of the drum inside of EZD2 does NOT change the pitch of its hiss/noise. But if you solo that drum’s channel, the hiss is still there! So maybe the samples are fine and the noise thing is related to the internal sound engine… I hope they look into it

demi_2
    Participant

I have this same issue. I want to buy EZ drummer but I can’t get over the hiss noise made in the samples. I thought it was something wrong with my Mac so I downloaded the trial for addictive drums and that doesn’t have the same issue. Please fix this as it’s losing you customers.

gargmukul121
    Participant

I’m often using Core Audio with built-in audio on both my current MBP and the previous one for Support related work and have never experienced any hiss, especially not what you’re describing. If you would be using EZdrummer 2 as a plugin in a DAW, I would guess that you had some kind of plugin in the audio path after EZdrummer 2. But you’re using it Standalone, so that’s strange.

gargmukul121
    Participant

Update: I just noticed a fun thing, changing the pitch of the drum inside of EZD2 does NOT change the pitch of its hiss/noise. But if you solo that drum’s channel, the hiss is still there! So maybe the samples are fine and the noise thing is related to the internal sound engine… I hope they look into it

Krasimir Dyakov
    Participant

Same thing here. This noise renders it unusable. I think Toontrack need to address this issue asap. I was about to buy some additional libraries when I have noticed the problem. I hope they are listening.

Jason
    Participant

Any help from the company who made EZdrummer on their forum about the hiss would not only be appreciated it would feel like good costumer service. Feel free to jump in…

Swathe
    Participant

Also having this issue.. Even going to max audio quality with like 90ms delay it still happens so its not an audio quality issue. It’s extremely frustrating, has anyone found a fix?

David Casas
    Participant

Hi Swathe, I’ve been using EZDrummer 2 for a couple months, I don’t think there’s a fix for that hiss. However, that’s a problem only for the default kits. I’ve purchased some EZ Expansions and none of them had that problem, it’s just the way the default kits were recorded.

For anyone into rock, I’m particullary happy with the “Rock Solid!” and “Pop/Rock” EZXs

Caebo
    Participant

Hello. I’m having this issue too but on Superior Drummer 3. Have you managed to resolve the issue?

Heiko Mlodystach
    Participant

Also, having this issue in EZDrummer 3, which becomes especially present, when you start compressing the snare.

Here’s an example with the “Ambient Bright Snare” from the “Rock!” extension:

You have to hear it pretty loud on headphones, if it’s not compressed. And the problem is not only present in the “Rock!”-EZX. Noticed it on “Vintage Rock” and others as well.

Andi_73
    Participant

Hello all,

any news in this case? I have under SDR3 also this problems with many Samples and fading out…

Thank you so much

BR

Andi

Heiko Mlodystach
    Participant

I guess there’s nothing one can do about it, but using a gate or – as I did in the end – use a different snare.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.