Hiss after samples play in EZD2 demo…

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • John

Hi,

which audio interface are you using and at which sample rate are you working?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Morat
    Participant

Ummm. Audio device is set to ‘Core audio’. I don’t see anywhere that tells me anything about sample rate…? (I’m new to all this!)

John

Hi,

sorry I missed your reply.
    If you’re using Core Audio with the built-in sound board in the MBP, you set the sample rate in the Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup.
    Set it to 44100Hz and relaunch EZdrummer 2.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: grantjc
    Morat
    Participant

Aha, found it. It’s already set to 44100hz.

Only 9 hours left on the demo so I guess I’m not going to get this resolved 🙁

John

and if you switch it to 48kHz and then back?
    I’m often using Core Audio with built-in audio on both my current MBP and the previous one for Support related work and have never experienced any hiss, especially not what you’re describing. If you would be using EZdrummer 2 as a plugin in a DAW, I would guess that you had some kind of plugin in the audio path after EZdrummer 2. But you’re using it Standalone, so that’s strange.
    Which Yosemite version?
    If you shut down Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, does it make any difference?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Morat
    Participant

Nope, no difference. I might be describing it wrong. It’s like the sample is longer duration than the instrument sound, so you get the sound of the drum then after it fades away you’re left with some background sample noise that goes on for 2 or 3 seconds.

carlosbasilisco
    Participant

Hello there, I am also having the same experience if you can continue to assist on this one

Scott

Can you post audio examples of this phenomenon? I don’t hear anything unexpected on my system.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

carlosbasilisco
    Participant

just to add I have very similar setup, I am using Ezdrummer demo in standalone (on macbook air) and triggered using Roland td11 connected via USB. thanks

carlosbasilisco
    Participant

I will record it tonight so you can see what it is. thanks

Morat
    Participant

Hi Scott, John – my demo’s expired so I won’t be able to post any recordings. Hopefully Carlos can get this resolved, I won’t be able to purchase unless I can find an answer to this one.

Freddie
    Participant

Noise and Hiss after samples hit in EZD2… I get this as well … Does not do it with Superior2
    Has anyone found a fix for this? Should I Uninstall and Re-install?
    (imac i7) (16gig ram) (Apolo twin duo interface)

Corn Mars
    Participant

Im having the same problem. When I use EZ Drummer demo in Logic X I get hissing/noise after samples. I have attached a raw and a compressed mixdown of some drum hits where the hiss is audible.

AndrewR
    Participant

I’m having this issue too on Windows

Neil
    Participant

I see lots of people with this issue and I have it also.

It sounds like microphone or preamp hiss that is louder than the tail on the drum and symbol samples.

Nowhere do I see it resolved.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.