Hi-hat control, articulations and computer performance

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Scott

1) EZdrummer has limited edrum support and works the best with Toontrack Solo as host. Superior Drummer 2 is the Toontrack product for best edrum use.

2) In EZdrummer (Pop/Rock kit) there are Left/Right, Rimshot, and Sidestick snare articulations. S2 (Avatar Kit) has Center, Edge, Rimshot, Sidestick, Rim Only, Muted, Flams, Rolls, and Ruffs snare articulations.

3) Hard drive speed doesn’t affect performance because all samples are loaded into RAM and are not streamed from the drive. I bought a 1TB Seagate USB drive (7200RPM) for my laptop for samples and have no problems. I only got the drive for storage reasons as I have alot of samples and not for performance reasons.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

jamo82
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply. That’s good to know about the RAM.

When you say ‘limited edrum support’, does that mean it will not respond to the CC04 hi-hat controller (open->close)?

Thanks

Scott

When you say ‘limited edrum support’, does that mean it will not respond to the CC04 hi-hat controller (open->close)?

I’m not sure as I don’t have a VH-11 so someone will have to answer that for you.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

John

It will in Toontrack solo and with Toontrack solo a few note corrections are made to the MIDI layout to match the GM notes sent from your Roland module.
    You can not re-assign notes within EZdrummer as you can with Superior 2.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.