Groove Blocks are not labelled with original library name in the SD3 Track

Studio Corner
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • John

Hi,

you can always right-click the groove on the Song Track and ‘Find’ it in the Browser.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

PreciousFlower
    Participant

Am I missing something obvious here?

Why don’t you want to show the name of the groove within the block on the track? Seems to me about the most useful bit of info you could be showing there?

If I use your method of searching for it, I will kill any search I already have active for building this track.

I know I can hover over the block to see the name, but this is not anything like as helpful to the user as just seeing the name.

Why this reluctance to just show the name?

When I am building a song I constantly want to refer back to what blocks I have used earlier in the song and th is just makes it more dificult than it needs to be.

Is there a good an logical reason you dont show the block names, or is it just that its not been donw yet.

I’m baffled by this situation.

Scott

Am I missing something obvious here?

Why don’t you want to show the name of the groove within the block on the track? Seems to me about the most useful bit of info you could be showing there?

If I use your method of searching for it, I will kill any search I already have active for building this track.

I know I can hover over the block to see the name, but this is not anything like as helpful to the user as just seeing the name.

Why this reluctance to just show the name?

When I am building a song I constantly want to refer back to what blocks I have used earlier in the song and th is just makes it more dificult than it needs to be.

Is there a good an logical reason you dont show the block names, or is it just that its not been donw yet.

I’m baffled by this situation.

How would you display the name? The grooves in the Toontrack folders are listed as Variation 01, Variation 02, etc. plus the folder hierarchy.

If each MIDI file is displayed in the Song Track by MIDI Library-Song Folder Name-Song Section-Song Variation-Variation, it seems very convoluted and overly cluttered. Where and how would it be displayed on the Song Track for each MIDI clip? What if the MIDI clip is short? How would all that info be displayed if the clip is 1 beat long and not 8 measures?

As it is now, as John mentioned above, every MIDI file can be traced back to its original browser location by right-clicking the groove in the Song Track and ‘Find’ it in the Browser.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

PreciousFlower
    Participant

OK thanks for the detailed reply. I see what you mean now.

Off to learn some more 🙂

Regards.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.