Groove names in song structure

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bryan Block
    Participant

Hello,

If you right click on the part, you will see a menu. Under the “Find” option, you can tell it to locate the file in the browser – so you can immediately find the “source” file again.
    If you use the “Add to User MIDI” option, it will allow you to rename the file to whatever you choose.

I hope that helps.

-b

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

multitask07
    Participant

Hi Bryan,

yes thanks, the “Find” option helps a little bit. But using the “Add to User MIDI” option means to drag every maybe useful groove to User MIDI.
    When dragging this into the “song structure”, the new name isn’t visible again.
    In the mean time I found out, that the name on top of the part is the “Power Hand” followed with the “articulation” type, e.g.”Hi-Hat | Tight Edge”

Does anybody know if TOONTRACK works on a part name/rename feature and if it will be available in some time?

Bryan Block
    Participant

I see.

Alternately, you can “Star” the grooves you like in the Search tab (making them “favorites”) and then sort them by favorites by just clicking on the star at the top of that column, and then dragging over only the ones you really want to keep for a particular song into the user area.

Also, although you might not be able to change the names in the way you would like, you also have the option of using the color codes.

A workflow suggestion: Create a new folder for each song you are working on in the user area as a repository for all the MIDI that you might want to use for that song.

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

LesSand
    Participant

I see the same behavior now in Superior Dummer 3 and find it very annoying. This should be a relatively simple request – to make the block title configurable, so we can use a Groove folder field other than Power Hand – e.g. Name.

That would achieve what multitask07 is asking for, which is particularly useful in a songwriting workflow – it’s not really at all useful for me to know the Power Hand, but I would love to be able to quickly correlate subsections of a 16-bar verse, for instance.

fabiorhodes
    Participant

I see the same behavior now in Superior Dummer 3 and find it very annoying. This should be a relatively simple request – to make the block title configurable, so we can use a Groove folder field other than Power Hand – e.g. Name.

That would achieve what multitask07 is asking for, which is particularly useful in a songwriting workflow – it’s not really at all useful for me to know the Power Hand, but I would love to be able to quickly correlate subsections of a 16-bar verse, for instance.

I totally agree and ask for the same function. In my DAW I can easily insert whatever marker I want, with the name I want, but in SD3 I can’t have always a matching label, because of the limited choices.

BEST ANSWER

Ok this is complete BS! I’m a working TV/film composer, how the crap am I supposed to know what pattern name I’m working with?? WTH !
    Guys, I buy a lot of stuff from you, but this is programming 101 stuff. This is a huge pain in my a**. Put the fraking label on the pattern part in song creator for Christ’s sake.

kwlondon
    Participant

Hello I agree, come on guys they should be fairly simple. I’m killing myself by trying to find these midi loops, in other songs..

please fix  NOWWWWWWWW .

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.