GHWT kit compatable…

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • jman 31
    Participant

Here’s a program that works with the rock band set. I don’t know how interchangeable it is. I just found it with google.

http://andrewrudson.com/main.php

Martin
    Participant

http://drop.io/360mididrummer

This is what your looking for. It’s the only velocitysensitive program for those drums. Works like a charm!

Rogue

our own software, Toontrack solo, supports GHWT and Rockband controllers starting with version 1.2, just released, so there is no requirements for 3rd party drivers at this stage.

Windows will recognize all xbox 360 compliant controllers and install drivers as required. solo will pick it up from there… it’s as simple as that 🙂

… on the PS2/PS3 front, it’s even more straightforward since no proprietary drivers are required.

Rogue Marechal - Toontrack
    Configuration Manager

Bryan Shepherd
    Participant

Is this true on a Mac? I’ve spent the last 4 hours banging my head against the monitor trying to use the Guitar Hero World Tour drum kit with EZD and Solo. Any insight would be appreciated.

Using: Mac OS 10.4x, PS3 wireless drumkit

Rogue

the experience should be plug and play on Mac for the GHWT kit yes. There really is nothing more than plugin in the receiver into a spare USB port – do NOT use a hub. You of course have to pair up the kit as you would with the console.

If that does not work please give us more details about your setup (exact OS version, host computer, etc etc).

Configuration Manager

Bryan Shepherd
    Participant

Ok. I hadn’t connected the drum kit to the PS3 before. Now that I’ve done that, it connects with no effort. Thanks for your help, Rogue.

Now all I have to do is fix this sh***y drum kit. Red pad hardly registers and the yellow “cymbal” is a little thick, too.

Can I map a soft hit on a pad as a closed hi-hat and a harder hit as open? I’m betting that I can…

Rogue

no, that’s not possible at this stage, perhaps at a later point.

regarding your calibration issues the official GHWT toolkit is a doodle to use to resolve this matter but you will need a simple MIDI interface to use.

Configuration Manager

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.