Get “Tap 2 Find” to sync with our hosts.

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • chris harbin
    Participant

Is you host tempo “incremental?” I’ve noticed that in some situations if it’s not an exact tempo ( 97 vs 97.4) it will not sync. The workaround is to make the tempo a perfect match, this is not good however with audio as it will stretch (depending on the host) OR not stretch, either of which can be a problem.

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback! We will see what we can do about the tap2find sync in future updates, we have discussed it before and it hasn’t been done yet because of some technical issues.

EZdrummer 2 should follow the exact tempo of your host as long as you have “Follow Host” enabled (the button beside the tempo and beat display). If it is, it might be a bug that’s causing unsync.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

DannyDep
    Participant

@chris said:

Is you host tempo “incremental?” I’ve noticed that in some situations if it’s not an exact tempo ( 97 vs 97.4) it will not sync. The workaround is to make the tempo a perfect match, this is not good however with audio as it will stretch (depending on the host) OR not stretch, either of which can be a problem.

Host is Cubase 7.0.7.
    T2F will play at my hosts speed (94 pbm), however it will not sync up with what I have already played as an instrument track in Cubase.

DannyDep
    Participant

@Henrik said:

Thanks for the feedback! We will see what we can do about the tap2find sync in future updates, we have discussed it before and it hasn’t been done yet because of some technical issues.

EZdrummer 2 should follow the exact tempo of your host as long as you have “Follow Host” enabled (the button beside the tempo and beat display). If it is, it might be a bug that’s causing unsync.

Funny, It’s working now.
    Perhaps there is a certain sequence that needs to take place. ???
    If I start the playback of my Instrument (MIDI) track and then click on the play arrow in the T2F window, they DO sync up.
    Sorry about that.

Matt
    Participant

Hey Danny Dep can you elaborate a little more on how you got this working?

thanks

danam
    Participant

I work the exact same way as DannyDep: I have some demos (recorded with metronome) that I can easily fit into my DAW (Reaper). Then I want to start with some basic drumgrooves to build the arrangement on. Although I am able to start tap-2-find more or less in time, it would be great if it could be automatically synced to the actual bar that my DAW is playing. But more important to me is this: Please give us the opportunity to set the volume of the tap-2-find-metronome. Often it is way too loud and sometimes I don’t need it at all. Especially not if “something tight” is already playing back in the background. And please let us change the volume while working with tap-2-find, not somewhere else like in the mixer. That would be great!

Henrik
    Participant

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas. The sync to host problem will be fixed in the next update (which is currently being beta tested). The metronome volume idea is noted!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thanked by: Protrudamus
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.