Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

General Question/MIDI FILES/DAW

EZkeys Pre-sales
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Erik
    Participant

Hi RG,

Yes, you can also drag it right back from Cubase into EZKeys if you want to change the structure of the MIDI afterwards. This works with many different DAWs.

Erik Berglund — Toontrack

Henrik
    Participant

Cubase 10 introduced drag and drop, but prior version doesn’t support this. Unfortunately, other large DAWs like Logic and Pro Tools doesn’t support to drag MIDI from them.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thanked by: Erik
    Erik
    Participant

Oops, I was too quick to reply!

I did some digging, and our answer should maybe be “EZkeys supports drag and drop” with the caveat that your DAW may not.

Looking at your question, the answer is YES either way: EZkeys supports exporting MIDI data, both in stand-alone and as a plugin within your DAW.

Cubase 10 supports two-way drag and drop.
    FL Studio, Reaper  and Studio One (3 and 4) support dragging into your DAW, but not from the DAW back into EZkeys.

For other softwares, you would have to export the MIDI from within EZkeys and then import it manually in your DAW. Totally doable, but not as simple as with the above softwares.

Erik Berglund — Toontrack

Cubase5
    Participant

Sounds good. Thank you

jiagap
    Participant

Hmmm, I thought I read that you CAN drag and drop into Logic. Is that not correct? And if you can, the follow up, can you drag back from Logic into EZKEYS?

John

@jiagap:

Yes, you can drag and drop MIDI from EZkeys to Logic.
    You can’t drag and drop MIDI from a Logic track to EZkeys, this is what is prevented by most DAWs.

If you have MIDI on your Logic Track that you wish to edit in EZkeys, just make sure ‘Follow Host’ is enabled in the EZkeys plugin, click the Record button in EZkeys and then play in Logic to record the MIDI from Logic directly to your EZkeys Song Track.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.