One day only: Up to 20% off all individual EBXs for EZbass!*

One day only: Up to 20% off all
individual EBXs for EZbass!

One day only: Up
to 20% off all individual EBXs
for EZbass!

Garage Rock MIDI Pack?

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • zeeb
    Participant

….couldnt agree more SnowDiver — got SDrmmr last week and love it. its AMA-ZING. I’m still experimenting w/ all the options, but yeh – finding some classic (simple) fills is hard to come by. i’m so not into the muso stuff. I also got the Twisted Kit – i like how its arr. by verse, chorus, breakdown etc…

I’m gonna ask a friend to play/write some midi-files w/ his Roland kit – if/we i can get it together, I’ll give you a shout. what would be yr favorites? I was thinkin 60s garage-rock style frm psyche-era Sonics to Stooges up to W.Stripes/Black Keys….

god if someone could get together some Keith Moon / Spy-Swamp-LinkWray drms I’d be all over that.

cheers J

snowdiver
    Participant

Yeah … I think you might know what I’m talking about.  White Stripes might be a little too simple–but it’s in the ballpark.  I’m not a drummer, so I don’t know how to correctly describe the techniques, but alot of these MIDI packs quickly get into ghost strokes and wild fills that are all over the kit.  The type of drums that come to mind are all over Social Distortion albums (it doesn’t seem to matter which drummer Mike Ness has behind him, they all manage to work).  Just some nice kick/snare fills, plain snare fills, then on the more technical end of the spectrum, a few toms added.  Just straight-forward, no frills, rock drums. 

wagzisnotadrummer
    Participant

+1

http://soundcloud.com/blackdaddywarbuxxx

Davide Pagano
    Participant

if you need “Super simple fills” why don’t you make them by yourself? Either from scratch or by removing some notes form other Toontrack fills. This is trivial in any daw.

Jay Coover
    Participant

ORIGINAL: snowdiver
    The type of drums that come to mind are all over Social Distortion albums (it doesn’t seem to matter which drummer Mike Ness has behind him, they all manage to work).  Just some nice kick/snare fills, plain snare fills, then on the more technical end of the spectrum, a few toms added.  Just straight-forward, no frills, rock drums. 

The Brooks Wackerman MIDI from Platinum Samples comes mapped for TT.

http://www.platinumsamples.com/ps/BrooksWackermanGrooves.php

This is in your ballpark. If you get only one of the two packs, get the “songs” pack instead of the “grooves” pack. It features simpler grooves, as you mention.

SD 2.3 NY vol 2/Metal Foundry/C & V/Roots 1 & 2/Music City Latin Percussion/Funkmasters/The Classic/Jazz/Pop!/#1 Hits/Electronic/Twisted/Claustrophobic EZKeys 1.1 with all the trimmings

zeeb
    Participant

agreed Snowdriver. heard some cool drum fills/playin (as sample loops not midi) over at looploft. shame they werent midi.

yeh dr4kan ‘…if you need “Super simple fills” why don’t you make them by yourself?..’ and a few days later it happened – i got to super-simple fills level.

cheers for the midi link fizbin. will checkit out

…still on the learn curve, and S2 is still blowing my mind.

J.

snowdiver
    Participant

Typically, editing the Toontrack ones is what I do. Or, I play them with a drum pad (one of those 4-pad deals that are velocity sensitive)–but, then I have to quantize my poor timing which basically defeats the purpose. This would just save the time and preserve the subtle nuances of the fill actually being performed that way.

I took a quick look at the link fizbin provided–and this might be something I need to look into. It never occurred to me to look for 3rd party files (though, strangely, that’s the first thing I did when I bought EZ Keys).

BTW S2 is amazing! I’ve got an old band mate who HATES computer drums (well we all do, don’t we?) and suddenly, after switching to S2, he’s on board. The dang things sound soo convincing!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.