Full Octave Slides

EZbass Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Erik
    Participant

No problems Amitabha! There are some teething problems with the slides we’re working on for the upcoming patches, but since they’re important to you I’m sure you’ll avoid those issues when programming them.

You can see an example here if you haven’t found any in the videos that have been posted so far:

Erik Berglund — Toontrack

• This post was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Erik.
    Amitabha
    Participant

That is a 2 octave slide in your video. Only 1 octave slides are needed for bass. I definitely won’t be buying it if it doesn’t do real sampled slides in all keys of 1 octave.

Are you saying 1 octave samples were not recorded and the only way to do it is with a pitch bend of 1 octave? There is no way that would sound real.

Erik
    Participant

That is a 2 octave slide in your video. Only 1 octave slides are needed for bass. I definitely won’t be buying it if it doesn’t do real sampled slides in all keys of 1 octave.

Are you saying 1 octave samples were not recorded and the only way to do it is with a pitch bend of 1 octave? There is no way that would sound real.

More is more!

You can make slides any interval, with some limitations on the duration of the slide. I recorded a three octave slide with the implication that any interval smaller than that is also possible.

Amitabha
    Participant

Can you show me a one octave slide?

Henrik
    Participant

the slides aren’t statically sampled, nor are they pitchbent sounds. They are dynamic and the sound depends of how you draw the MIDI notes, regarding speed, fret noise, string noise, etc.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Amitabha
    Participant

Are you able to record an audio or video sample to hear how it sounds? This would be greatly appreciated.

Amitabha
    Participant

This is literally the only thing preventing me from buying EZ Bass. I just need to hear an audio example of a one octave slide from a low note up to a one octave higher note. I hope someone would be willing to record a video or audio example of this. Otherwise, I’ll have to wait for the demo to try.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help with this.

Erik
    Participant

Hey Amitabha,

Here are some examples of simple one octave slides.

andycamb
    Participant

Just saw this. How did you alter the speed of the slide?

Henrik
    Participant

Just saw this. How did you alter the speed of the slide?

you just move the start or end note of the slide, so it gets longer 🙂

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Thanked by: andycamb
    andycamb
    Participant

Thanks Henrik. Brain switched off for a minute there. Seems to be doing that a lot lately. 🤣

Amitabha
    Participant

Thank you for taking the time to make this video. Much appreciated.

Mark King
    Participant

Hi. I’m a long time toontrack user but just drums. I’m looking for a bass that does octave slides high to low for a certain project. None of the bass vsti I have can do this convincingly but it looks like ezbass could. Now I wouldn’t want to do midi in ezbass as I like to work in Cubase as I’m used to it. I do the same with SD3. So can I replicate how the slide is done in Cubase (or external midi editor)? Does ezbass use a cc to do this? Thanks

SD3 with older sdx,s plus Rooms of Hansa and Death & Darkness. Cubase and wavelab current versions. Roland TD50x using all trigger inputs for triggering SD3 only. Windows 11 computer. Various keyboards and outboard gear as well as VST instruments. Acoustic drums: Yamaha 9000 natural wood and Pearl masters. Various snare drums. RME BabyFace Pro FS and Adam A7X monitors

• This post was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Mark King.
    John

Hi,

no CC but keys. Here’s what it looks like when I drag MIDI with a couple of slides to Logic:

EZbass_Slides
    BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Mark King
    Participant

Ah right overlapping notes in the slide. Thanks

SD3 with older sdx,s plus Rooms of Hansa and Death & Darkness. Cubase and wavelab current versions. Roland TD50x using all trigger inputs for triggering SD3 only. Windows 11 computer. Various keyboards and outboard gear as well as VST instruments. Acoustic drums: Yamaha 9000 natural wood and Pearl masters. Various snare drums. RME BabyFace Pro FS and Adam A7X monitors

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.