Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Up to 20% off all individual MIDI packs for drums, EZkeys and EZbass!*

Forum Help

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Erik Phersson

I have forwarded your case to the web-team so you should have access within short. Apologize for the inconvenience!

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

jazzmandan
    Participant

Hey, how about the rest of us who can’t access the support forums??

Mark
    Participant

Hi guys,

I apologise for also leaving post here in the wrong category but I’m starting to get stressed out because I have a question relating to EZD2 that I cannot find the answer to anywhere on the website, forums or in fact, the whole net!

Please help.

On one of the EZD2 tutorials Rikk say’s “you will never have to use the piano roll again…” when relating to editing grooves. Well, I really want to use the piano roll editor and I simply cannot figure out how to access the piano roll editor to edit or build an individual groove (where you would insert individual drum hits) within the EZD2 programme.

What I am trying to achieve; I want to match a groove exactly to the rhythm of my guitar riff. There are no grooves in the library which come close (even after using the track editor function) so I would like to create a whole new groove from scratch.

Is this possible?
    FYI. I use EZD2 with Logic Pro 8.

Thank you in advance!

Erik Phersson

@jazzmandan said:

You should be able to access the EZdrummer support forums.

Head Of Development

Erik Phersson

@Mark said:

…I really want to use the piano roll editor and I simply cannot figure out how to access the piano roll editor to edit or build an individual groove (where you would insert individual drum hits) within the EZD2 programme.

There’s no Piano Roll editor inside EZdrummer 2. EZdrummer 2 should be used to find the closest possible match, open the MIDI block in Edit Play Style to adjust it to you liking. If there still is something you want to change then you can drag that MIDI file to the host and use your hosts Piano Roll editor to make the final adjustments.

Head Of Development

jazzmandan
    Participant

@Erik said:

@jazzmandan said:

You should be able to access the EZdrummer support forums.

I can find no way to access any support areas except for Pre-Sales? Don’t you have a “typical” users forum where users can chat about the product, ask questions and have support folks weigh in? Or just for users to chat?

Erik Phersson

Yes, we have those forum areas. Just to make clear, what happens when you go to this link: http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/ ?

Head Of Development

jazzmandan
    Participant

ACCESS DENIED – YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION…..

Johan Moritz
    Keymaster

@jazzmandan said:

You should now have access to the EZdrummer support forum.
    We appologise for the inconvenience

Johan Moritz - Toontrack
    Database Developer

jazzmandan
    Participant

@Johan Moritz said:

@jazzmandan said:

You should now have access to the EZdrummer support forum.
    We appologise for the inconvenience

Apology accepted. I am glad to be on board as a new member. Loving EZD2 …..

Drew Hallenbeck
    Participant

Thanks for looking into this for me. I guess my next question is, now that I have the EZD2 support forum… are there forums for the other Toontrack products I own? SD2, EZKeys, EZMix?

Also, is there a settings area to enable emails for when activity occurs on my posts? Though I like the redesign, I feel a bit lost in the transition (partially due to the fact that the forum thinks I am new and all my history on the previous forum is lost Cry )

Johan Moritz
    Keymaster

Hi Drew, You should now have access to the SD2, EZKeys, EZMix and also EZplayer support forums. I will look into the lost history you’re mentioning.
    We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

At the bottom of every topic page, there is a button “Subscribe”. Click and you will receive an email when someone posts in any topic you’re subscribing to.

Johan Moritz - Toontrack
    Database Developer

Henrik
    Participant

“What I am trying to achieve; I want to match a groove exactly to the rhythm of my guitar riff. There are no grooves in the library which come close (even after using the track editor function) so I would like to create a whole new groove from scratch.”

Something you can try to do is to first tap2find for a kick pattern that you feel matches what you are looking for. Take that MIDI grove and place it on the track. Then tap2find for a snare pattern that you are after. Right click on the one that you feel is the best, choose “Copy”, then right click on the block on track and select “Paste/Snare”. Continue to add hi-hat or other parts that you want to have on the MIDI block.

When you’re using Tap2Find to look for the snare for example, and you can’t find anything that matches – right click the Tap2Find MIDI file, select “copy” and then you can paste that onto the MIDI block on the track. Finish, if you want to, by adding subtle changes with amount to make it a bit more “alive”. This is a technique I often use to get beats to sound like the beat I am after Wink

And remember, if there’s something you want to have done exactly in a precise way like you want it to be – you can fix that part in your DAW host, and then drag into EZdrummer to further edit the file….

Good luck!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Les Barker
    Participant

@Erik said:

Yes, we have those forum areas. Just to make clear, what happens when you go to this link: http://www.toontrack.com/forum/ezdrummer-help/ ?

I logged on today and did not have access to the EZdrummer & EZmix forums, however went to your link, logged in and now i have access to EZdrummer and EZmix.

However i still don;t have access to EZkeys forums.

Drew Hallenbeck
    Participant

Johan, Thanks!

Still trying to get used to the new forum. Little different than the last. As far as my history is concerned, don’t fret it. I am seeing that the forum changes weren’t just design, but also functionality. The history I was speking of was not so much my previous posts as it was settings for my user account.

Thanks again.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.