Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Feature Request for editing in EZ Drummer 2

EZdrummer Pre-sales
Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Erik Phersson

@Roger said:

I would love to have standard computer keyboard shortcuts copy / paste : ( control C control V or control D = duplicate ) for editing
    I know you have to right click and copy all or just kick snare etc. but if Control C Control V = copy paste ALL that would be a great feature to me ?

Great product though . I didn’t think I should / would get this update but I am so glad I did

Yes, that is a request that we get all of the time. Unfortunately it is not very easy to do. Most hosts steal all keystrokes (except the key modifiers). That means that if you, for instance load EZdrummer 2 in a host, make your song and then accidentally press CTRL+Z then you would remove the last change you did in the host, which might well be loading EZdrummer 2. We could add it to the Stand-Alone but then you would get used to using the keyboard short-cuts and the above scenario would be even more likely to happen.

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

chris harbin
    Participant

Ah. Well, that is a little bit of a bummer as duplicate, del, and that undo would be terrific but I understand now.

Guy Rowland
    Participant

Yes, I see the problem too.

There might be a couple of things that would help though – top would be to use shift as a modifier when dragging clips in the EZD timeline in order to copy them. Might also be nice to have a trashcan icon to quickly throw stuff a way with one click and drag. And shift and drag to the trashcan to open a pop up on release to trash any element in the groove, perhaps?

Erik Phersson

@noiseboyuk said:

Yes, I see the problem too.

There might be a couple of things that would help though – top would be to use shift as a modifier when dragging clips in the EZD timeline in order to copy them. Might also be nice to have a trashcan icon to quickly throw stuff a way with one click and drag. And shift and drag to the trashcan to open a pop up on release to trash any element in the groove, perhaps?

You can use ALT (on Mac) or CTRL (on PC) to drag-copy in the Song Track.

Yes, we have discussed adding a trashcan and maybe some other symbols/functions to speed up the workflow. We haven’t had time to dive into that yet though.

Erik Phersson - Toontrack
    Head Of Development

Guy Rowland
    Participant

You can use ALT (on Mac) or CTRL (on PC) to drag-copy in the Song Track.

Yes, we have discussed adding a trashcan and maybe some other symbols/functions to speed up the workflow. We haven’t had time to dive into that yet though.

How did I not find that? Terrific, a real time saver. Thanks for the other feedback too.

TheProfessor
    Participant

Maybe just more CTRL modifiers? Like if you hold alt and drag a groove into empty space, it should delete. Or maybe like a Shift-CTRL click for deleting in the timeline. Somethings got to be quicker than the right click menus

TheProfessor
    Participant

Also, maybe a way to place beats on a grid instead of just tapping for the tap2find

Bob
    Participant

Also, I’d like a way to remove a hit in addition to being able to place a hit. That way when a ‘tap to find’ can only find something close but a little different, we can fix what’s different, without moving the midi into a piano roll or event list.

TheProfessor
    Participant

I agree, it’s limited on certain things like groove pattern. Sometimes adding in snares or whatever will only put them in the ‘preset’ spots, but you cant place them yourself, and it creates a cumbersome process of putting the groove in your DAW, changing it, then getting it back into EZD, which requires me to record, cause I cant drop it in

Henrik
    Participant

If you want a snare at a special location there is always the possibility to use the record function to put snares (or other drums) where ever desired :) If you after that want to quantize what you just recorded – cut the MIDI block around the snare hit(s) you want to quantize, go into Edit Play Style on the cut block, right click on the snare and choose Quantize in the menu.

Another option is to use Tap2Find to look for a snare pattern you want. If you find a file that contains the snare pattern you are looking for, right click on that file and chose Copy, then right click the block you want to change and choose Paste/Snare. If you can’t find a file with the exact pattern you where looking for you can instead right click the Tap2Find MIDI file, choose Copy and paste that snare onto the block on the track.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

TheProfessor
    Participant

Oh wow, I didnt realize I could record drum hits right onto the track. I was using the record function solely for getting MIDI grooves from the DAW into EZD. Thanks!

chad hiester
    Participant

Zoom to fit would be great time saver for editing instead of always zooming in and out

Split track into segments like 1/8 1/4 1/16 etc – that would be great for serious editing

chad hiester
    Participant

Also to go along with zoom to fit would be ZoomFull – zoom all the way in – on the time marker/arrow to allow precise splitting/cutting

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.