Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

Today only – 40% off 18
selected EZXs.

Today only – 40% off 18 selected EZXs.*

EZX and SDX

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oli Poulsen
    Participant

The delay between the newer EZX and SDX has been around two years….so you can’t expect anyone to refund the time you have had the product.
    Just sit tight and relax for a couple of years after any EZX release…if nothing happens, then go buy the EZX

It’s not waste of money when you can use a product for two years…before it gets somewhat obsolete because you get a better version.

That’s the norm in the digital world…everything you buy will get obsolete within a number of years.

You might as well get used to it.

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

simon
    Participant

I know this might belong in the customer service forum, but I’m interested in other SD2 users thoughts.

oh well mods shunted it here anyway

That’s the norm in the digital world…everything you buy will get obsolete within a number of years.

There are several differences with the EZX to SDX scenario (IMO) When you buy software you assume that at some point there WILL be an upgrade. When you buy and EZX you don’t know if there will be an SDX. All software companies I can think off offer substantial discounts to users who are upgrading. Even toontrack did this with the CV SDX for owners with the S1 version.

I don’t feel that Toontrack are ‘helping’ me to buy EZX – so I feel they are losing this source or revenue. If the SDX doesn’t appear then they have my 69euro. If the SDX does appear then I’m either gonna be pissed off and not buy it ….or think that the full value isn’t worth the extra over the EZX and not buy it. I’d say it was pretty much a win-win for toontrack if they offered upgrades.

Oli Poulsen
    Participant

What I mean is that when you buy a Native Instruments item…like any new soft synth or library, it will be included in some “Komplete” package some time later…for a fraction of the price you paid.
    So the way it works, is that you pay to get it first…and if you want it badly enough…you’ll pay.

The C&V was a special case…since it was exactly the same library that those of us that used the S1, already had paid the full SDX price for…and all we got was a version that runs smoother on the S2 platform.
    The sounds are the same….and that’s not the case in the SDX/EZX scenario.

Pro Tools 10 HD3 MacPro Quad 2.66 OSX 6.8 DTXtreme III special All S2.0 packs iMac 27 3.4 i7 OSX 8.2 Pro Tools 10 HD

simon
    Participant

That’s a good example and I look at it the other way round.

I’ve got Komplete 7 and I could upgrade to Komplete 8 for around half price. But I’ve decided not too as there’s not enough in the upgrade to make it worth while as I’ve bought some of the sounds (or I’m pissed off because that some of my expansions are now worth nothing)

This means that NI miss out on my £450 upgrade fee…..it they made it so I could ‘cash-in’ some of the NI expansions then I would upgrade and they would at least get some of my £££. If you check out the NI forums you will see lots of people saying the same thing – that is why you always skip an upgrade or 2 with the Komplete stuff !!

If there was an upgrade price then I would upgrade- that’s what I mean by a win-win situation……we get the full SDX cheaper and toontrack ultimately get more of my money. If and SDX doesn’t appear then they’ve sold me a EZX.

I think toontrack are missing a trick on this one.

Whitten
    Participant

Yes, some drums are the same, but the ‘sounds’ (which is what music is based on) are different.
    It’s like asking for an upgrade from a Ford Focus to a GT40.

simon
    Participant

chris, are you saying that the sounds in the the Vintage Rock EZX are the different from those in the CV SDX ?

and your analogy re: the cars isn’t quite the same as the price difference is far greater in your example – and even then I bet Ford would give you FULL PRICE for back for your Focus on a part-ex for a FULL PRICE GT40….in fact they’d probably give you more !

Whitten
    Participant

ORIGINAL: orange

chris, are you saying that the sounds in the the Vintage Rock EZX are the different from those in the CV SDX ?

Yes, they were processed by Peter Henderson and Mattias at Toon headquarters in Umea.
    Some multiple mics were mixed down to a single mixer channel, and obviously the full bleed options were reduced.

In short, if you stack up any drum from any EZX, to the same drum from it’s SDX, you add EQ (sometimes compression) processing to the EZX drum, and take away editable options (like mic choice and bleed) from the SDX version.
    Two different products, two happy customer bases ….. just like the Focus and GT40.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.