EZMIX 2 Demo does not show in my PT Inserts

EZmix Pre-sales
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Scott

Are you looking for it under ‘Effects’?

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Trone
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Effects? By that do you mean inserts/plugins? If so I can’t find it in there. The EZDrummer plugin is under instruments in the insert drop down but EZMix 2 is nowhere to be found. Am I looking in the right place? I can’t find any EZMix files in my DAE/Plug-ins folder either.
    When I launch the EZMix 2 program in windows it shows the file path to the VST3 folder and not to the Pro Tools plugin folder.

Thanks again for the help.

Scott

Did you run the 32-bit installer? Protools is a 32-bit host and the RTAS version of the EZmix demo will only install with the 32-bit installer.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Trone
    Participant

I deleted the 64bit program and installed the 32bit one and now when I launch PT I get this error: Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged: EZmixDemo.dpm

I then removed EZmix2 through control panel and deleted any lingering files and emptied my recycle bin and rebooted my PC. I then downloaded a fresh copy of the demo and re-installed EZmix2 and I still get the above error message when I start Pro Tools.

My iLok should be fine because PT wouldn’t work without it and also my EZdrummer is still working.

Rick Trone
    Participant

I would really like to get this resolved so I can possibly purchase this product. Any other advice or suggestions?

Rick Trone
    Participant

Nothing but the sound of crickets

John

Hi,
    have you tried trashing the Pro Tools Prefs? Especially the installed plugins?

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Trone
    Participant

Why would I need to get rid of installed plugins to make a 3rd party plugin work?

Scott

About trashing preferences in PT:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/trashing-pro-tools-prefs/

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Trone
    Participant

Thanks John and and Scott for your replies and help. I went through trashing the prefs and database and after I rebooted I didn’t get any errors. I also couldn’t find EZmix2 in the inserts/plugins. I looked inside the /DAE/Plug-Ins folder and only the EZmixDemo.dll was there. I re-installed EXmix2 Demo and it put all 3 files back in the Pro Tools plugin folder but now I get the error message that I started this post with. So in other words nothing has changed. My registered EZdrummer continues to work flawlessly. Anything else we could try?

John

Hi,

do you have .dll files in your DAE/Plug-Ins folder? This is not right, normally there should only be .dpm files there.
    Or did you mean that you have more than one ‘EZmix…’ file in there?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Trone
    Participant

Yes. There are three files in the DAE/Plug-Ins folder. EZmixDemo.dll EZmixDemo.dpm and EZmixDemo.dpm.rsr
    EZ drummer has these three files installed in the Plug-Ins folder as well.

John

Well, .dll files should NOT be there, that folder is solely for RTAS plugins, so please remove them and restart Pro Tools.

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Rick Trone
    Participant

I removed both and restarted Pro Tools and it made no difference. Still get the original error.

Rick Trone
    Participant

Also by removing the EZmixDemo.dll file from the /Plug-Ins folder the EZmix standalone program no longer works. It needs that .dll to execute the EZmix.exe program.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.