EZKeys – The good, bad and ugly

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

> I have run into an application that does not support standard Windows navigation or common keyboard shortcuts.

It is a plug-in. The host usually eats those keyboard events.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Henrik
    Participant

As Olof said, the main issue is that EZkeys is designed to work as a plugin in a host, which will take over shortcut keys. We know about this shortcoming, and we are constantly trying to make our software work as smooth as possible for our users. I can’t, however, say what we will do in the future.
    You can ctrl + drag (alt + drag on Mac) to copy a block on the song track, which will enhance the work flow.

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

David Pefley
    Participant

Ok,
    This is interesting in that I was running the module as a VST Plugin. So are you telling me that the host (Reaper in this case) facilitates the basic Windows commands and does it for your application? If that is the case then it is not functioning on my end. Or do mean use a couple tracks on the DAW to cut and paste midi back and forth between the plug and the DAW tracks? if that is the case I was already thinking of doing just that.

Thanks for your quick response,
    D

Henrik
    Participant

The host takes over the basic key commands (ctrl + c, ctrl + v, ctrl + z). If you, for example, press ctrl + z when using EZkeys in Cubase – the undo event will be fired in Cubase, and alot of times the last thing you did was to add EZkeys to the track. The result will be that EZkeys disappears from Cubase – which isn’t what the user would expect. These shortcomings apply on all plugins that runs in DAW:s (Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools etc).

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.