EZKeys MIDI Out in MPC Software?

Studio Corner
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MFJosh
    Participant

I have this same exact question. I hope they respond soo. You asked it like a million years ago

Thanked by: Bezo winZ
    John

Hi,

exactly what limitations and workarounds are you referring to?

When inserted in your host you get an extra MIDI Input, e.g. when inserted on a Logic track you will get a notification that new MIDI Inputs are available.

When inserted in e.g. Pro Tools you will see EZKeys as one of the MIDI Inputs for other Instrument or MIDI Tracks.

MPC Software isn’t on the compatible/supported list, so I can’t tell how it would work but maybe you should describe what you are trying to achieve and what you have tried so far?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: MFJosh
    MFJosh
    Participant

What I’m trying to do is find out how to find that midi input in the MPC software. Maybe that’s an MPC issue. But MPC not being on the compatable list would make sense. Idk what the other guy meant specifically by “work around” but I’m curious if this means they just don’t work together and I should give up on trying to make em work. If there’s some kind of hack that makes it work in MPC tho (a work around), I’d love to hear about it. If I can get EzKeys midi to intergeste into my MPC software (not just the drag and drop), I will not only spend an absurd amount of money on your company’s products,  I’ll name my first kid after you. I Promise.

seperate question about the midi out in EzKeys. Sometimes when I hit the “enable midi out” option, the corresponding “midi out” light in the bottom corner doesn’t turn on. Why might that be?

• The post has been modified 2 times, last modified 4 years, 11 months ago by MFJosh.
    John

Check page 92 in the manual, it does mention checking active MIDI Inputs and routing.

The MIDI Out light will flash when some MIDI is sent from the plugin.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bezo winZ
    Participant

Like MF Josh (thanks for bringing this post back to life!) said, I’m looking for the MIDI input setting for a Plugin Track. I’m attempting to set the MIDI input of a Plugin Track to the MIDI out of another Plugin Track.

Page 92? I must have an abbreviated version. What I downloaded is only 29 pages, titled EZKeys, Songwriting Made Easy. Can you direct me to a manual I can download from the site?

SD3 v3.3.6, EZbass v1.1.7, EZkeys v1.3.4
    Studio One v5.5.2, Cubase v12.0.60
    3.6GHz Intel i9 iMac, 64GB RAM, OS 12.6.1

John

Hi,

I was referring to the MPC software manual.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bezo winZ
    Participant

Ahhh, OK, thanks. I’ll double check the MPC end.

In reviewing the EZKeys manual, it mentions the Enable MIDI Out button being greyed out in stand alone mode and in hosts that don’t support it. It’s not greyed out in the MPC software, so I’m hoping that means it’s supported and I’m missing something.

In supported hosts, what are the typical steps? Enable MIDI Out in EZKeys, Select EZKeys as MIDI input “port” on Instrument Track… anything more than that?

Henrik
    Participant

Enable MIDI Out in EZKeys, Select EZKeys as MIDI input “port” on Instrument Track

It differs from host to host, but that’s generally how it’s done!

Henrik Ekblom - User Experience Designer
    Toontrack

• This post was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Henrik.
    Bezo winZ
    Participant

Enable MIDI Out in EZKeys, Select EZKeys as MIDI input “port” on Instrument Track

It differs from host to host, but that’s generally how it’s done!

• This post was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Henrik.

EZKeys doesn’t show up as an available MIDI port in the MPC software after enabling MIDI out in EZKeys. Typing this, I realize I tend to use AU versions of plugins which I know don’t support this, at least not in Logici Pro X. I will try this using the VST versions.

Thanks!

Bezo winZ
    Participant

Hi,

exactly what limitations and workarounds are you referring to?

When inserted in your host you get an extra MIDI Input, e.g. when inserted on a Logic track you will get a notification that new MIDI Inputs are available.

When inserted in e.g. Pro Tools you will see EZKeys as one of the MIDI Inputs for other Instrument or MIDI Tracks.

MPC Software isn’t on the compatible/supported list, so I can’t tell how it would work but maybe you should describe what you are trying to achieve and what you have tried so far?

BR,

John

Hold up. I thought Logic (AU versions of plugins) didn’t support this function. I completely overlooked that you mentioned Logic. And this EZDrummer article seems to confirm that it is supported in Logic.

Ideally, I need this in the MPC software and will continue to poke around there since the MIDI Out option in EZKeys is not greyed out. But this working in Logic would be a decent consolation prize.

John

Yes, it works in Logic.

In a very basic way, it works by first Enabling the MIDI Out, then you can play back MIDI from EZKeys and select your other VI Track in Logic with ‘R’ monitoring.

Of course, if you select another track, it will receive the MIDI from EZKeys.

The better way is to open the MIDI Environment and find your way to the Clicks and Ports and wire the MIDI from the EZKeys track.

I’m very rusty on this, so I can’t give you specific directions on how to.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bezo winZ
    Participant

Yes, it works in Logic.

In a very basic way, it works by first Enabling the MIDI Out, then you can play back MIDI from EZKeys and select your other VI Track in Logic with ‘R’ monitoring.

Of course, if you select another track, it will receive the MIDI from EZKeys.

The better way is to open the MIDI Environment and find your way to the Clicks and Ports and wire the MIDI from the EZKeys track.

I’m very rusty on this, so I can’t give you specific directions on how to.

BR,

John

Good to know it works. Some of the instruction from the article went over my head as I’m not at all familiar with the Logic Environment, Click & Ports, Channel Splitter, etc. Hopefully it’s straight forward when I get in there.

Thanks!

John

Hi,

I tried to create the setup and it was more tricky than I remembered it.

I attach a compressed Logic file to this post with an example of how I did it.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Bezo winZ
    Participant

Hi,

I tried to create the setup and it was more tricky than I remembered it.

I attach a compressed Logic file to this post with an example of how I did it.

BR,

John

Wow, thanks! I will take a look at this tonight.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.