Four amazing deals,
this weekend only!

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

Four amazing deals, this weekend only!*

EZDrummer original, 64 bit update problems

Product Manager
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Olof

Hi,

If you open Command Prompt and run the following command, it will say where the 64-bit dll has been installed:

reg query HKLMSOFTWAREWOW6432NodeToontrackSuperiorEZDrummer /v PlugPath64

If you find the dll where it says, add that path in Ableton Live VST settings.

Olof Hermansson - Toontrack
    Coder

Thanked by: ChicksDigMustache
    Tim Woolley
    Participant

I am also having this problem. I run the 64-bit installer, it loads, but does not seem to update anything to 64-bit. I tried the steps above and it pointed me to the 32-bit .dll.

John

Hi,

is this with EZdrummer 1?
    Which OS version?
    If it’s EZdrummer 1, can you load EZdrummer in the 64-bit version of Toontrack solo?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Tim Woolley
    Participant

Thanks for your help!
    I uninstalled, deleted the installers and re-downloaded. I’m not sure what I did differently, but I now have the 64-bit version.

bschelew
    Participant

Just updated EZDrummer 2 to 64 bit. The standalone, my DAW and file search can’t find the plug in .dll.

The reg query didn’t work. Since the standalone won’t load because it can’t find the .dll I can’t use the built query to find the path. How can I find it and move it to where it is supposed to be, i.e., in the Toontrack/Vst folder.

Do you have an installer just to install the plug in? Otherwise,

John

Hi,

running the latest update, currently 2.1.8, will install the plugin and you can always re-run it.

If you perform a Search on your system, do you not get any hits for ‘ezdrummer.dll’ at all?

From this FAQ https://www.toontrack.com/faq/how-do-i-set-the-path-to-my-toontrack-plug-in-in-cubase/:

• The default install path for a Toontrack VST plug-in on 32-bit Windows is:
      C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack
    • The default install path of the 32-bit VST plug-in on 64-bit Windows is:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\Toontrack
    • Finally, the default install path of the 64-bit plug-in on 64-bit Windows is:
      C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Gunnar Westlie
    Participant

The plug-in EZdrummer could not be  found for VST Synth 1 !

Operating system: OS X El Capitan (10.11)
    GtrGeorge
    Participant

Same problem here. I run win10 and its 2022 already.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the fix people? I already reinstalled at Toontrack and it STILL doesnt see the 64 bit version.

HELP!!!

Operating system: Windows 10
    John

Hi,

same problem as what, exactly?
    You specified your OS but not which host you are using and not what steps you have tried so far. Are you using the Toontrack Product Manager Application? Or are you using the Web interface? The former is recommended.

BR,
    John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

GtrGeorge
    Participant

John,

took hours…but I think I have it fixed.

fwiw: Win10, my host is Reaper (DAW) and I use a RME Babyface Pro FS to do A to D conversions).

I uninstalled EVERTHING from Toontrack. I then reinstalled Product manager. I think made Reaper look for it, where it ALREADY finds other VSTs.

Using the recommended location wasn’t working.

Then added back in ALL I have bought from ToonTrack. (EZD2, 3 EZX packages).  It is NOW  64 bit, and stable.

I still have idea how/why things went south.

Whatever.

George

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.