EZDrummer 2 updates won't install

Product Manager
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • John

Hi William,

have you by any chance moved or copied the ‘ezdrummer.dll’ file post initial install?

If you perform a Search for ‘ezdrummer.dll’ on your system, how many entries show up?

If you have several, I recommend deleting them all and then run the latest EZdrummer 2 update again.

Next, start the Standalone app and check that it operates as expected. If you go to the Help menu > Show Plug-In Path, you see exactly where the VST is installed. This path needs to be included in your DAW’s VST scan path.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

William Mihalik
    Participant

I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled ezdrummer.  everything else is downloading and installing fine except the update for “Sound Library” V 1.1.1

William Mihalik
    Participant

I’ve just deleted everything related to EZDrummer.  I’m now reinstalling PM and EZD, hopefully this works.

William Mihalik
    Participant

didn’t work.  Now I can’t install any of my EZD midi.  I have EZD and can’t use it.  this is so frustrating.

William Mihalik
    Participant

And now EZKeys isn’t working either.  I really don’t like the setup with the PM.  I never had problems with other VST or programs.

William Mihalik
    Participant

deleting and uninstalling EVERYTHING

John

Hi,

can you please elaborate on “didn’t work” and “isn’t working”?

Do you get error messages? Is an Installer aborting? When you write you can’t install any MIDI, is the Installer running but the MIDI isn’t there?

Which exact OS version are you on?

Did you have multiple instances of the EZdrummer.dll?

Have you changed the Product Manager’s Default Download location?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Thanked by: Vinny Daloo
    William Mihalik
    Participant

I’m using windows 10 Pro 64 bit v1803.  The Product manager has install button, i click on it, run the installer, and the the install wizard says successful.  The EZD itself is installing and the standalone opens.  but when I try to install the updates or the midi the installer runs, says it’s succeeded, and the install button is still highlighted.  When I try to run the standalone it says i need to find the midi.

I just uninstalled all related products by Toontrack and went through my computer and deleted ALL files that were toontrack or EZD / EZK.  I am going to attempt to install again.  Hopefully this works.  I’ve already bought 13 Toontrack Products and haven’t had any problems until now.

John

Ok,

I am going to forward this to my colleagues to help you more quickly.

BTW, not that it is the exact same problems but I helped a User a while ago with somewhat similar problems IIRC and when he rebooted his PC, the problems disappeared. Have you rebooted in between installing?

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

• This post was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by John.
    John

I have received some info from a programmer:
    There must be multiple “EZHOME” paths on your system, and the installers use one while PM and EZD2 use another. If you get a “Locate the sounds” dialog when you start EZD2 Standalone, locating the EZDrummer folder where stuff was installed should fix it.
    These three Command Prompt commands can show us the different paths:
    reg query HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Toontrack\Superior\EZDrummer /v HomePath
    reg query HKCU\SOFTWARE\Toontrack\Superior\EZDrummer /v HomePathreg query HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Toontrack\Superior\EZDrummer /v HomePath

Do you know how to run the Command prompt?
    Can you post the results here?

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

William Mihalik
    Participant

I think that was it.  I uninstalled again, this time using “regedit” to delete everything from registry also.  downloaded everything, and reinstalled and working perfectly again.  Thanks for helping out!

Thanked by: Henrik
    John

Thank you for your patience.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Vinny Daloo
    Participant

I had a related problem with my EZ Drummer 2. I had downloaded the 2.18 update and run it but the plugin kept telling me I had the older version and, of course, search would not work. I followed John’s advice and deleted all the .dll’s I could find. I then ran the WIN 2.18 installer and EZ drummer was happy.

Unfortunately, Cubase 9.5 now failed to find EZ Drummer. I did a little rummaging and copied the new DLL located in OS (C:)>Program Files>Common Files>VST3>Toontrack. This, I believe is the default location for the 64 bit version.

I then pasted that DLL to OS (C:) Program Files>Steinberg>VSTPlugins and rebooted Cubase. Now all is well.

George Geranios

John

@Vinny2009:

That is exactly what gets you into trouble; your copied .dll file is “invisible” to the Product Manager, so if there’s an update to EZdrummer, it will not update the .dll file you copied, just the one the PM has installed.

The supported way is to either point Cubase to the location of the correctly installed .dll file or Custom install the VST .dll to the location you have been copying it to.

BR,

John

John Rammelt - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Station
    Participant

The irony is palpable.  I could’ve just downloaded the cracked version for free, but I just spent $299 and I’ve been fighting with the EZDrummer Product Manager and updates to EZDrummer 2 that won’t install for 90 minutes.  It’s a forever loop. “install updates”, Finished “Install Updates”. Finished…

Even though Im a licensed owner, Im going to download the illegal version and just use that.  Easier to install.

Operating system: macOS Mojave (10.14)
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.