EZdrummer 2: Midi Program Change messages

E-drum Workshop
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

The basic system is that you choose EZX with the Bank Select.
    Then you choose a particular preset for that EZX with the
    Program Change.

Within this system you would think of the User Presets
    as another EZX. So, to activate one of your own presets
    You first have to select the ‘User Preset Bank’ by selecting
    the bank that would come after the last EZX or you can
    just select a User Preset from the GUI first. Then you
    use Program Change to select among your presets.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Peter Axelsen
    Participant

Thanks Olle for the quick responce.
    I got a better idea now how to set it up:

Use Bank Select (either MSB or LSB) to choose User Presets bank – and then use Program Change to choose which preset from that bank.

Thanks ?

Tim Newman
    Participant

@Olle said:
    The basic system is that you choose EZX with the Bank Select.
    Then you choose a particular preset for that EZX with the
    Program Change.

Within this system you would think of the User Presets
    as another EZX. So, to activate one of your own presets
    You first have to select the ‘User Preset Bank’ by selecting
    the bank that would come after the last EZX or you can
    just select a User Preset from the GUI first. Then you
    use Program Change to select among your presets.  

I am resurrecting this topic because I am still lost in this regard…

I thought that regular midi compliant devices and software would use specific MSB and LSB numbers……no…??
    would Superior drummer 2.0 be able to receive msb/lsb and program changes?
    on all 16 midi channels?

PC: Desktop, M/B: Gigabyte P55A-UD3, O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Processor: Intel Quad Core i7-860 - 2.80 GHZ, HD: WD 500 GB 7200 RPM, MEMORY: OCZ Tech 4.00 GB DDR 3, - SOUND: M-Audio Delta 1010LT -- SUPERIOR DRUMMER 2.2.1, AND LOTS-O-EZX'S

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

>would Superior drummer 2.0 be able to receive msb/lsb and program changes?
    >on all 16 midi channels?

Superior 2 has no support for this at all. EZdrummer 2 and EZkeys have support.

>I thought that regular midi compliant devices and software would use specific MSB and LSB numbers……no…??

Don’t know exactly what you are thinking of. Midi Program Change is a single value
    0 – 127. The Bank Select is really CC0 and as such could possibly have a ‘fine tune’
    in CC32, but I doubt it is in much use.

/Olof W

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Jean-Pierre
    Participant

Hi there,

I just saw that topic which is a concern, here. I have about 20 EZX in my listing on EZDrummer 2. I’ve been using EZD2 for years but never had to make a bank of presets. Now that I a m going live, I need to build and list preset kits and align these with performances. So, for whatever reason, I cannot have EZD2 to consider my User presets bank ( nor kit presets) as an EZXpansion. I use a TD-12 with 50 patches. Patch #1 to 50 will simply call for the first 50 presets contained in my library, from Claustrophobic 1-2-3-4-5-6- etc, no matter what I do, namely selecting the User bank at te end of the listing as stated in the instructions. When doing so, the next patch will get back on top of the library list…

What am I doing wrong?

Olof Westman
    Forum Crew

I don’t know how the TD-12 works in this respect. I have an Akai MPK49 keyboard right now and it offers two ways of sending this information. One is to send just Program Change, i.e. a single number. The other is to do both Program Change and Bank Select at the same time, i.e. three numbers: ProgramChange, BankMSB and BankLSB. (EZ2 does not care
    about the LSB.) I have another MIDI controller that sends Program Change and Bank Select separately and there is no choice of sending them at the same time.

I have 47 EZXs installed. To choose my 7th User Preset I have to send a Program Change of 6 (or 7, if that is how your controller handles the numbers). But before I do that I have to make sure that EZdrummer knows that I am using the user presets and I do that by sending a Bank Select of 47 or by selecting any user preset by hand. If I want to use that second method of the MPK49 then I have to make sure that I send the Bank Select 47 every time.

Perhaps your TD-12 works like my second option but always sets the Bank to 0.

Olof Westman - Toontrack
    Coder

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.