EZD2 Velocity Knob Please Come Back

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scott

‘(why are they so light to begin with, who hits like that?) and I always have to up the velocity.’

I would have to say that it is near impossible to play blast beat snare hits at a high velocity. To hit a drum hard, you need to start hitting it with either more force or from a greater distance away. To play super fast, you need to hit from a shorter distance. To be able to hit with great force from a short distance would be really difficult if not impossible…maybe for Bruce Lee. Dirk Verbeuren isn’t a slouch of a drummer and he performed the Library of the Extreme MIDI.

About the Velocity knob; if enough users request a feature, I’m sure that Toontrack will consider it.

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Butter Buns
    Participant

I’m just gonna go ahead and disagree with your premise altogether.

I am not maxing out the velocity to 127. When you have a tempo between 170 and 190 it’s not impossible to hit the snare hard and maintain speed. Iron lung does it. And to a greater extent so does a local drummer from San Antonio Texas who’s in a hardcore band called headache.

What separates these two drummers from your dirk verbuens and nick barkers is that these people do this thing that’s called “working out” and “lifting”. It’s quite amazing really as this allows them to…wait for it… Hit their drums at a high velocity!

Look man, your Bruce lee comment was a little upsetting because it comes off real smug. Dirk has pencil arms and nick is grossly overweight. Does that mean they’re bad drummers? No. Does it mean they can’t hit hard? Probably. They are what I would call feather blasters. All speed no power.

With that said your reply doesn’t account for the midi files from DFH, metalheads and metal foundry. Are they all feather blasters? I doubt it but I always have to adjust the snare velocity for those midi loops as well. At 0 they are inaudible taps at 10-15 they become audible taps. At the 30+ range then they become actual hits.

I figure there’s a logistical reason for this as you have a bajillion expansion packs and thus you would need a consistent midi velocity starting point for all expansions. But being that TT started off as a metal drums sampler I find it odd that the snare hits for the blasts are so light. It undermines the aesthetic of the blast beat itself.

Anyways, I’m sure there’s some users around here who want that velocity knob back for this same reason.

Scott

Not being smug. Just a joke*.

LIke I said, if enough users really request some feature, Toontrack listens.

*The sense of humor expressed in these posts do not necessarily represent the views of Toontrack, or it management. They are my own. Smile

Scott Sibley - Toontrack
    Technical Advisor

Butter Buns
    Participant

I said you came off that way. not that you actually are.

But i’m sure that’s why you made that disclaimer and addressed almost nothing.

This experience reminds me why I don’t hang around this forum.

Fucking weak.

Bryan Block
    Participant

“The midi file auditioning process has become somewhat cumbersome in this regard as I have to constantly drop the files into edit/play section”

Although I LOVE all of the expanded features of EZD2, I have to agree here that adjusting the overall velocity, and being able to preview at 1/2 or 2x speeds right in the browser, without having to move the parts to the song timeline really seem to slow down what is an otherwise awesome workflow. Please consider.

-b

Creativity is a Work Ethic.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.