EZD2 e-drum feature request regarding closed and tight hihat

Requests and Feedback
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Greg
    Participant

I’m sure up you can Cubase’s logical editor to accomplish what you want with the CC value.

Intel 13900K, Windows 11 , Cubase Pro 12.0.50, Studio One 5.2.1.64495, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo x4 Thunderbolt, RME UFX – USB 96K, 64 sample buffer size, Radeon 570, 42″ 4k monitor

MIDI controller: Roland A-37, Jamstik Studio, MCU Pro + expander
    Drum Brain: Yamaha DTX 900, RHH135 hihat, 2 crash and 1 ride cymbal, 4 toms.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

@gmontano said:

I’m sure up you can Cubase’s logical editor to accomplish what you want with the CC value.

Please explain!
    Thanks.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

…oh, I know now what you mean: Cubase tools (midi-inserts) like “transformer” or “input transformer” (they have to work in real time).
    Yes, they were there – included in my old 32 bit “Cubase Essential 4” – version.

My new 64 bit version is “Cubase Elements 7” (regarding the price it is the new renamed “Essential” version), and guess what?! : Midi-inserts have been removed.
    So I have to pay another 153,- Euro to get the “Artist 7.5” version only for this feature.Yell

So I ask you, the Toontrack developers: Do I really have to?
    Or will my requested EZD2 feature be implemented soon???Confused

Dear developers, please give me an answer.
    Thank you.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

You’ll have to set Cubase “Transformer” (midi-insert) to send the max CC04 value up to “116” to trigger the “closed” instead of the “tight” articulation. So you have to gate 11 from 127. (checked this with Cubase Pro Trial-version)

Greg
    Participant

Are you looking to fix it up after recorded or while?

Here is some info on the logical editor (not sure if it is included with Cubase Artist.)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug10/articles/cubase-tech-0810.htm

The MIDI plugin is probably easier though. Cubase is great for MIDI manipulation.

Intel 13900K, Windows 11 , Cubase Pro 12.0.50, Studio One 5.2.1.64495, 64GB RAM, UA Apollo x4 Thunderbolt, RME UFX – USB 96K, 64 sample buffer size, Radeon 570, 42″ 4k monitor

MIDI controller: Roland A-37, Jamstik Studio, MCU Pro + expander
    Drum Brain: Yamaha DTX 900, RHH135 hihat, 2 crash and 1 ride cymbal, 4 toms.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

@Arno.Meyer said:

You’ll have to set Cubase “Transformer” (midi-insert) to send the max CC04 value up to “116” to trigger the “closed” instead of the “tight” articulation. So you have to gate 11 from 127. (checked this with Cubase Pro Trial-version)

amendment:
    The E-Drum mode and the Pedal Correction affects the setting – so my quote is for the EZD2 settings “E-Drum mode: Roland and Pedal Correction 2”

for Roland-mode but without Pedal Correction you’ll have to gate only 2 from 127, so the “closed” instead of the “tight” articulation is triggered at CC04 value 125.

MintberryCrunch
    Participant

@gmontano said:

Are you looking to fix it up after recorded or while?

Here is some info on the logical editor (not sure if it is included with Cubase Artist.)

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug10/articles/cubase-tech-0810.htm

The MIDI plugin is probably easier though. Cubase is great for MIDI manipulation.

I’m looking to fix it up while e-drumming in real time.
    The Cubase MIDI plugin “Transformer” is the tool for this and it works great. It is included with Cubase Artist. So I have to buy this DAW if Toontrack is not improving EZD2 for the demands of e-drummers.

The only thing that I think is very hard to set with the MIDI pugin is the mixing of bow and edge:

@Arno.Meyer said:

it would be really the most perfect if there was the option to mix the “tight” and the “closed” sounds for both pad areas (bow and edge):
    For example having a “closed” bow sound and a “tight” edge sound for foot position fully down…

It would be really nice if EZD2 could implement this! LaughWink

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Please log in to read and reply to this topic.

No products in the cart.